tires offset & backspacing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tires offset & backspacing

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
j2ryde

tires offset & backspacing

hi guys! I'm planning to buy rims and tires this weekend. I have 30's on now and she needs new shoes. I'm planning to get 31s x 10.5 on 15s back spacing, offset? No idea what that means. having a stock sucks, especially when u see a jeep that is lifted. Help me what to do just to have that look for now until I save and buy bigger tires and lift my girl. Please help!

j2ryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What jeep do you have...

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
j2ryde

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
What jeep do you have...

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
I have a 03 Sahara jeep wrangler.
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2ryde View Post
hi guys! I'm planning to buy rims and tires this weekend. I have 30's on now and she needs new shoes. I'm planning to get 31s x 10.5 on 15s back spacing, offset? No idea what that means. having a stock sucks, especially when u see a jeep that is lifted. Help me what to do just to have that look for now until I save and buy bigger tires and lift my girl. Please help!
Here is a diagram describing all the measurements on a wheel. A 31"x10.50" will fit just fine on stock wheels. Most aftermarket wheels for the TJ come in a 3.75" backspacing. That will give you a little bit of tire sticking out past the fenders to give you a nice aggressive look.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Zach
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
j2ryde

I'm also goin for that aggressive look. thanks for the reply. It helps me a lot.
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Stock aluminum TJ wheels that are 15 x 8 with 5.5 backspacing (such as Ravine or Canyon) are perfect on stock TJ with 31 x 10.5 R15.
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
j2ryde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3
Stock aluminum TJ wheels that are 15 x 8 with 5.5 backspacing (such as Ravine or Canyon) are perfect on stock TJ with 31 x 10.5 R15.
really?! It might look like a lowrider? Haha. I'm getting my rims tomorrow with 4 bs. I wish I can see a picture of a TJ STOCK with 5.5bs i might change my mind. Thanks!
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #8
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2ryde View Post
really?! It might look like a lowrider? Haha. I'm getting my rims tomorrow with 4 bs. I wish I can see a picture of a TJ STOCK with 5.5bs i might change my mind. Thanks!
How would it look like a low rider? That doesn't make sense.

Did you previously have stock 15x8, 5.5 BS aluminum wheels? If so, I might be interested in buying them from you, if they are in good shape. Why? Because they are ideal for 31x10.5R15 tires and I collect stock aluminum Jeep wheels. I might put 31x10.5R15 on them and use them myself.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.