Tires? does anyone have these? Toyo Open Country M/T - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tires? does anyone have these? Toyo Open Country M/T

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Tires? does anyone have these? Toyo Open Country M/T

does anyone have these tires?

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/op...traction-tires

if so what do you think, and do you have any pictures of them on your jeep?

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
wvracer821

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
does anyone have these tires?

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/op...traction-tires

if so what do you think, and do you have any pictures of them on your jeep?
my friend has toyo mt in 285/75r16.
its a 2 door jk and he is pretty hard on them.

they arent loud and last really long from what i have seen on other jeeps
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

anyone else?

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
act3k

Take it on down to discount tire if you got one around, they can order just about any tire and wheel known to man
act3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
mello

I put a set on my cousins F-250 and they are going to wear out fast. They are wearing all evenly though. He seems to like them except for the fact that they will not last long.
mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
joeorzechowski

2010 JK Wrangler 

I have heard of jeep owners with those. I definitely looked at them before buying the yokohama geolanders. I was looking for a less aggressive tread for regular driving.
joeorzechowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
bondosgto
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
I put a set on my cousins F-250 and they are going to wear out fast. They are wearing all evenly though. He seems to like them except for the fact that they will not last long.
that's a first, what load range? Most people get good life out of them.
Op, im looking at getting them when I do a lift, reasons: good tread life from what ive read and a tire guy told me, decent in all weather, not to loud, and one of the few in a skinny 33.
bondosgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondosgto View Post
Op, im looking at getting them when I do a lift, reasons: good tread life from what ive read and a tire guy told me, decent in all weather, not to loud, and one of the few in a skinny 33.
yeah I have heard good things about them, I don't think ill go skinny though I like the look of the wider tires

Unread 07-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #9
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

had em in a 37x14.50-15 on my 08 JKU and will never buy another set again. I didn't get nearly the traction out of them that I expected. Didn't grip very well in the rocks IMO but got awesome flotation out of em on the sand. They were fine on road and a very tough, heavy tire. Lasted very long.
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #10
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondosgto View Post
What he said. I think that's the first time I have ever seen anybody post something like that about them wearing out quickly.
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
bondosgto
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
What he said. I think that's the first time I have ever seen anybody post something like that about them wearing out quickly.
Some thing like 85% of short tire life comes from bad alignment and improperly inflated tires. And 58.4% of statics are made up.
In all honesty, if you take out those two varabiles, you don't have to much left to cause short tire life.
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

thanks again for all the help guys I think I am still gonna go with these, anyone have any pictures?

Unread 07-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #13
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My cousin has them on his 1 ton SuperDuty. He likes them fine, except they don't last long on big trucks, and they are expensive tires. Another friend has them on a Suburban. He says the same.

The tread rubber is soft. That's why they wear out fast on big trucks with big power. There are posts about that on various truck forums.

A friend has them on his TJ and likes them in 33 x 10.5 R15 load C. FYI - those are really a 33 x 11 R15. So they're not really narrow. They're medium width, IMO.

In all sizes I've seen, they run a bit wider than stated size.

On a Jeep they last fine. Just make sure you get load C. These tires are stiff and ride slightly rough even with load C. With load D or E they'll beat your spine.

If you get them, have tire store add more sipes to center treads for wet road traction, wet rocks, and for packed snow and ice.

What I don't like is the stiff sidewalls, which cause harsh ride and high rolling resistance (less gas mileage). However, there are people (including my local Jeep friend) who like them on their Jeeps.

Toyo MT are spendy.

There are better tires for a Jeep, IMO.
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
bondosgto
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
My cousin has them on his 1 ton SuperDuty. He likes them fine, except they don't last long on big trucks, and they are expensive tires. Another friend has them on a Suburban. He says the same.

The tread rubber is soft. That's why they wear out fast on big trucks with big power. There are posts about that on various truck forums.

A friend has them on his TJ and likes them in 33 x 10.5 R15 load C. FYI - those are really a 33 x 11 R15. So they're not really narrow. They're medium width, IMO.

In all sizes I've seen, they run a bit wider than stated size.

On a Jeep they last fine. Just make sure you get load C. These tires are stiff and ride slightly rough even with load C. With load D or E they'll beat your spine.

If you get them, have tire store add more sipes to center treads for wet road traction, wet rocks, and for packed snow and ice.

What I don't like is the stiff sidewalls, which cause harsh ride and high rolling resistance (less gas mileage). However, there are people (including my local Jeep friend) who like them on their Jeeps.

Toyo MT are spendy.

There are better tires for a Jeep, IMO.
What you are saying about soft and not lasting on jeeps goes against what ive read and tire guys say. So what do you recommend for skinny 33's?
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #15
5spdftw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

They are quiet (for a mud tire), wear pretty well on Jeeps, and seem to do well off road but they are insanely heavy and very expensive. If you don't mind those they I see no reason not to get them.
5spdftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.