Tires - all terrain? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tires - all terrain?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-12-2002, 02:16 AM   #1
93 Blue Demon YJ

Tires - all terrain?

ok this is the first time I have had to buy new tires since gettng my 3" lift, I have 32s now but I bought them used to fit on my new wheels I bought right after I got my lift. They were all terrains, dont even remember what they are...but nevertheless, they are bald, no traction even on the street. anyway, I am about to get some new ones, I drive alot onroad and on the highway, so I was thinking all terrains, I have always had BF goodrich all terrain TA and was thinking I would get them again in the 32" flavor instead of 30" which I had before the lift. I know they are a good on road and decent off road (for a all terrain), what do you think?? I found a place I can get 4 for $450, plus mounting and balancing and alignment, what do you think??? stay with BFG or is there something better?

Unread 12-12-2002, 07:54 AM   #2
macb

I have goodyear MT/Rs in 32" and I love them on and off road...they ride very smooth, not bumpy at all on road and I am getting good treadwear (so far). I have about 7k miles on them now and the first rotate/balance was at 5k (oil and tire service/every 5k) with no unusual wear. I spoke with 3 people who were running the goodyear and read an article on the rockcrawler site before deciding on them, 2 of the people I spoke with had over 50k on them and still had good tread - maybe another 15-20k. I was quite amazed, but I am locked f/r so I do not expect those results myself...expectations have an awful lot to do with satisfaction don't ya think?

I have seen several positive postings for the BFG version as well so I would think either would do ya...if you do any offroading the MT or MT/R would be a better offroader and look cooler on the street! I have been driving mine in the rain quite a bit without problems.

all terrains can't do this: mud hole

I made it no problem, we had to cut a sissy trail for the bronco, the grand and the 2 jeeps behind me - all with all terrains... the one jeep in front of me was running swampers.

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:21 AM   #3
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

i run BfG's M/T's and i find the pretty good on trail, and good on road. the noise is not worse the with the A/T's a friend off mine as on his jeep. the mud will allow for more off-road fun, so if i was u, i'll be getting M/T's

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:57 AM   #4
KILLERtj

Go with the BFG A/Ts if you have had good luck with them. Thats what matters.

Personally I have 5 sets of tires for my TJ: the stock Goodyear Wranglers, 30x950x15 Enforcer MTs, 30x1150x15 Super Swamper TSL-SXs, 235-75R15 Firestone Bridgestone Blizzaks (soft snow tires) and 35x1450x15 Dick Cepek Mudders.

TJ: yummy gas tastes good
KILLERtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.