Tires - all terrain? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tires - all terrain?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-12-2002, 02:16 AM   #1
93 Blue Demon YJ

Tires - all terrain?

ok this is the first time I have had to buy new tires since gettng my 3" lift, I have 32s now but I bought them used to fit on my new wheels I bought right after I got my lift. They were all terrains, dont even remember what they are...but nevertheless, they are bald, no traction even on the street. anyway, I am about to get some new ones, I drive alot onroad and on the highway, so I was thinking all terrains, I have always had BF goodrich all terrain TA and was thinking I would get them again in the 32" flavor instead of 30" which I had before the lift. I know they are a good on road and decent off road (for a all terrain), what do you think?? I found a place I can get 4 for $450, plus mounting and balancing and alignment, what do you think??? stay with BFG or is there something better?

Unread 12-12-2002, 07:54 AM   #2
macb

I have goodyear MT/Rs in 32" and I love them on and off road...they ride very smooth, not bumpy at all on road and I am getting good treadwear (so far). I have about 7k miles on them now and the first rotate/balance was at 5k (oil and tire service/every 5k) with no unusual wear. I spoke with 3 people who were running the goodyear and read an article on the rockcrawler site before deciding on them, 2 of the people I spoke with had over 50k on them and still had good tread - maybe another 15-20k. I was quite amazed, but I am locked f/r so I do not expect those results myself...expectations have an awful lot to do with satisfaction don't ya think?

I have seen several positive postings for the BFG version as well so I would think either would do ya...if you do any offroading the MT or MT/R would be a better offroader and look cooler on the street! I have been driving mine in the rain quite a bit without problems.

all terrains can't do this: mud hole

I made it no problem, we had to cut a sissy trail for the bronco, the grand and the 2 jeeps behind me - all with all terrains... the one jeep in front of me was running swampers.

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:21 AM   #3
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

i run BfG's M/T's and i find the pretty good on trail, and good on road. the noise is not worse the with the A/T's a friend off mine as on his jeep. the mud will allow for more off-road fun, so if i was u, i'll be getting M/T's

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:57 AM   #4
KILLERtj

Go with the BFG A/Ts if you have had good luck with them. Thats what matters.

Personally I have 5 sets of tires for my TJ: the stock Goodyear Wranglers, 30x950x15 Enforcer MTs, 30x1150x15 Super Swamper TSL-SXs, 235-75R15 Firestone Bridgestone Blizzaks (soft snow tires) and 35x1450x15 Dick Cepek Mudders.

TJ: yummy gas tastes good
KILLERtj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.