Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tires

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
freckelman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tires

Going to purchase 33'' tires any opions? goodyear duratrac ,pro comp mud terrain,bf goodrich km2 looking for a tire for new england all year thanks.

freckelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
poobub
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I ran pro comp mud terrains in a 35x12.50 and I loved them... I picked them up used with about 70% tread and even wear.. They werent the best rain/ice tire but what mud terrain is? The were very smooth and quiet, more like an A/T with the aggresive look of a M/T..
poobub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the km2s 33x12.5. I like the way they drive
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

For New england wheeling get the Truxus MT's great on just about any surface, and really good in snow.
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
94yj03wj
2003 WJ 

I'm running 32 inch duratracs and must say I love them. They are an excellent hybrid mud/all terrain. They have excellent traction in the mud and on the rocks however I haven't been able to try them in the snow yet but I can't wait. They are wearing great, I have 5000 on them and they show no signs of noticible treadwear.
2003 WJ Laredo 4.0 I6 with Selec-Trac, 4” BDS lift with 32” Goodyear wrangler Duratracs, KC Slimlites mounted on Kevin’s Offroad Light Bar, Rusty’s Recovery Hooks and T-Case Skid, Midland CB,(Daily Driver)
1994 YJ With 30” Interco TSLs (Project Jeep)
94yj03wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
kdukes4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i would recommend the km2's for all year use, great performance on/off road/and good road manners. i went with 33x10.5s for many reasons. 1-i had a 4 banger on 4.10s and wanted a bigger tire than my 31's but less weight to push since its a smaller engine, 2-trail wise, if you ride on anything but sand, deep mud, and heavy snow, you're gonna get the most traction out of a more narrow tire bc more cubic pressure being put on the contact surface, 3-combine reason 2 with traveling on roads, with snow, that narrow tire will cut through the snow on the roads better than a 12.5" wide tire. 4-great wear and much quieter than my 31's and ofcourse my 36's too! but in all honesty, i put them on my rig last fall and sold my 225 studs, i couldn't have been more pleased with my decision. in 2wd, those tires were good, in 4wd, those tires were awesome, on storms i'd try to lose control and found it very difficult if at all. under 40 mph, i was fully confident in my jeeps capability and my own safety while driving in the storms. i sold that jeep to my father and have bought a subie outback this fall for the upcoming winter and better fuel economy. i'm keeping the jeep i own for fun only! off the top of my head, i can think of at least 10 members in our club that run them year round on their rides and love them.
Unread 12-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

x75483728q9 on the bfg km2's
ive had mine for a year now and they are amazing in all categories. of course there are better tires for different circumstances, but overall i would choose these over and over again.
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
jmpowie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have 31" Parnelli Jone Dirt Grip All-Terrain Tires I really like them. They ride good, not loud and seen to wear good. Plus not every one has then like a bfgoodrich.
jmpowie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
kdukes4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpowie View Post
. Plus not every one has then like a bfgoodrich.
i think there's a reason for that, no?
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

For NE snow and ice, DuraTracs seem to be the way to go. 33x10.50... Wider than that and you lose grip in wet conditions.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #11
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have 31" Parnelli Jone Dirt Grip All-Terrain Tires I really like them. They ride good, not loud and seen to wear good. Plus not every one has then like a bfgoodrich.
Haven't seen those for sale for years.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've had 4 sets of ProComps (2 MT and 2 Xterrain, all 35s) and they were great except for life. I really like the Xterrains. But all of them wore out fast. 30-35k miles is too short for my budget.

My next new tires will be Duratracs. I just like the way they look.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
x415fsx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just got a set of the General Tire AT2's. Only 31x10.5 though. First real snow is coming down right now, and i can not say enough how good these tires are working. They do really well in the snow. I havent been able to really get crazy out in the woods with them yet as ive only had them a few days. But i would recommend them.
x415fsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
2004sahara
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i am running bfg ta tires....when the time comes to replace them i a leaning towards the duratracks....please post up if you have any info about them......sorry fro the hi jack
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
monkeee2002
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've never heard of them. Of course, I'm curious, so I googled them. Those are some nice looking tires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdukes4 View Post
i think there's a reason for that, no?
They seem to get pretty good reviews here, and here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.