Which tire would u choose? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Which tire would u choose?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #1
mgoff32

Which tire would u choose?

I am going to purchase a new set of rims for my jeep, so I was wondering which tire would be the better tire to get? The bf Goodrich my km2 or the Mickey Thompson ttc claw. I was leaning towards the km2, but just wondered what would be better.
Right now I have 15x10 rims with a set of 35x12.50 on them both rims n tires are wore out. So I was going to put a set of 15x8 with 35's on it this time. Thanks for all the input in advance.

mgoff32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoff32 View Post
I am going to purchase a new set of rims for my jeep, so I was wondering which tire would be the better tire to get? The bf Goodrich my km2 or the Mickey Thompson ttc claw. I was leaning towards the km2, but just wondered what would be better.
Right now I have 15x10 rims with a set of 35x12.50 on them both rims n tires are wore out. So I was going to put a set of 15x8 with 35's on it this time. Thanks for all the input in advance.
Depends on what you plan on using it for.

I understand the MT ttc claws wear fast so wouldn't be a good choice for a DD.
Unread 03-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
mgoff32

as it will be mostly used to drive back and forth to work I guess I am going with the km2
Unread 03-12-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
Wrigley
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
as it will be mostly used to drive back and forth to work I guess I am going with the km2
You can't go wrong with this tire!

Mike
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 04:12 AM   #5
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Good choice. Generally regarded as an excellent tire that is priced well.

FWIW, back in the day, my "drive back and forth to work" was 5 minutes so Interco Iroks were no problem on my DD. now, my round trip is 92 miles so that wouldn't work for me.
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I run Mickey Thompson MTZ's - wear great, deal with all East Coast terrain very well - mud, forest, rock, sand, wet, snow etc. They have a very tough 3 ply sidewall. Unlike the Baja Claws, they are not directional.

They do better than KM2's for the terrain we see in our area. They are not good on packed snow or ice - no MT tire tends to be, but don't feel sketchy on wet roads at all.

I'm rolling 33's on my XJ now, and may buy them again later this year when I bump up to 35's.
Unread 03-22-2014, 02:17 AM   #7
mgoff32

well I ended up buying a set of pro comp 15x10 series 51\52 black wheel and 35x12.50 15 dick cepek crusher tire. I got everything including center caps, lugs, mounted and balanced, and a new drag link assembly and shipped for a total of $1,200.00

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.