Tire/Wheel help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire/Wheel help

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
Jlaubs
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Tire/Wheel help

I got a good deal (pending) on a set of stock Bf all terrains off a buddies Hummer. I believe they are size LT285/70R17.

This may be a dumb question but what size rim would I need to fit them on my Jeep XJ 1996?.. I know its size 17 but other than that I am lost..

If anyone can help with the size and bolt pattern that would be sweet, thanks!

Jlaubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If this XJ just for on road? Will it go off road?

I think that tire size and rim size would be miserable on road and worse off road. Don't buy them. I wouldn't run that on an XJ, TJ, LJ, YJ even if the wheels and tires were free. They aren't appropriate for a Jeep, neither in looks nor functionality.

You can ignore my advice at your peril, but if you get those for your XJ, you will regret as soon as your first drive.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just telling you the honest true facts.

Run away screaming from those wheels and tires while you still can.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
Jlaubs
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That actually helps alot... When it comes to tire sizes Im completely lost, thats why I asked. Thanks for an honest reply!!
Jlaubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
Mike_20
1998 XJ Cherokee 

in my opinion if your staying under a 35" tall tire go over a 8"-10" wide wheel also stick to 15" tires are easier to find and are CHEAPER. i personally love my 8" just make sure they are a 5 on 4.5 lug pattern and then theirs your offsets that get really confusing so the best think to do is take your jeep to a tire shop and try different offsets to see what one works the best... see if the rub when you turn hard right and left, and check local laws for fender clearance in utah where im from the tread has to be completely covered but other states arnt that strict

Tags
hummer , tire , wheel , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.