tire wear with auto locker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tire wear with auto locker

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 10-20-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

tire wear with auto locker

i have 5 mtrs.. however my "spare" has seen far fewer miles then the other 4 how much extra size is too much for the auto locker? if i wanted to put the spare back in the rotation

the reason i ask is i cannot find my style MTRs anymore so just wearing out the 4 of then then buying 4 new is no longer an option.

Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
the reason i ask is i cannot find my style MTRs anymore so just wearing out the 4 of then then buying 4 new is no longer an option.
Don't understand why this is not an option. Yes, the old MTRs are no longer available, but if you are only doing a 4 tire rotation there is no reason the spare pattern has to match what's on your jeep. Or if you are uncomfortable doing it you'd have no trouble selling the individual tire and you buy 5 new ones.
Unread 10-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well i have 5 33/12.50/r15 dunlop MTs in my garage i cannot give away... i cannot post int he classified section but at this point they are free to anyone who comes and picks them up.

i also wanted to start doing a 5 tire rotation again just to make the tires last a bit longer. My spare is about 90% tread where the others are 60% i just do not know how much more is too much for the locker. I can post pictures of tread depth if it helps.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.