Tire size and speedo error calculator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire size and speedo error calculator

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
tok204
2005 WK 

Tire size and speedo error calculator

I am looking at getting some bigger tires and wanted to know the difference. I found these 2 calculators that give tell you the size differences between any 2 tires sizes. This may be a stickie.

http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

This calculator even has a graphic display that shows you the size difference:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

tok204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

How much bigger tires? I have found that going up 2" taller just makes the speedo more accurate. I found that to be the case on my LJ and my XJ.

Before you spend time, money, or effort figuring out any more about it, put on your larger tires (and do any regearing you plan to do), then use a GPS device (I used my smart phone with a GPS app) with a speedometer feature in it. This will tell you your actual speed in real time. Compare that to your speedometer to determine if it is incorrect, and if so, how much.

After that, look for a solution, if you need one. You might find you have no problem. If you do have a problem, it will be easier to fix when you know exactly how much it's off.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.