tire rub!! with 31" tires! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tire rub!! with 31" tires!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-03-2004, 11:01 PM   #1
thetjkid

tire rub!! with 31" tires!

I just bought a set of 31x10.5 bf goodrich land terrain tires. I really like the way the look compared to my old 215/75/15 radial long trail tires. the only thing is that when i turn the wheel all the way to the right or left... the tire rubs not on the fender of on the body, but it looks to be rubbing on a part of the frame. is there any way to fix this? Once i noticed this... i started being very cautious taking turns. if it helps any... my new tires are mounted on my factory 15x7 rims. please help me before i mess up my brand new tires!!!!

thetjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
thetjkid

its not the frame its rubbing on... its the lower control arm. Still have no clue how to fix. If anyone can help... that would be awesome. thanks
thetjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2004, 03:08 AM   #3
HKP7M8

http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/steerstop-1.htm

The P7 is the Hannibal Lecter of autoloading pistols
Caution: Pistol may torture, kill and eat other pistols.
HKP7M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2004, 03:30 AM   #4
JeepWranglerYJ

You could also get a wheel spacer or another set of after market wheels with at least 3" of back spacing..
I'm Building a new (new to me) 95 YJ, stay tuned for more info. To fund my newest jeep project I as selling odds and ends on ebay. Nothing that's jeep related but I do have some car amps on there so please check it out. As on 1/3/06 I have 66 items listed. (two pages)
[URL="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZllfnQQssPageNameZDBQ3aOtherItems"]http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZllfnQQssPageNameZDBQ3aOtherItems[/URL]
I have everything from cologne, nascar collecables, computers, guitars, clothes and more.
JeepWranglerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
LeftoverSalmon
1998 TJ Wrangler 

steel rims are cheap and strong. I just got 15x8 crager 397s for about $30 a pop (tax and all)
LeftoverSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.