Tire and Rim reccomendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire and Rim reccomendations

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
mikq
2010 JK Wrangler 

Tire and Rim reccomendations

I just bought a 2010 wrangler sport and I'm wanting to get bigger tires. I have stock on there now and I'm thinking about getting

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2's and
52 Rock Crawler series steel rims

I have no lift, it's all stock and I want to keep it like that for now. My question is if I get 32" tires will I have any issues off road without a lift? Also how is the life of my selected tires, compared to others.

Should I get 15" or 16" rims and what backspacing should I get trying to keep the tire from sticking past the fenders.

Thanks

mikq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
5spdftw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikq View Post
I just bought a 2010 wrangler sport and I'm wanting to get bigger tires. I have stock on there now and I'm thinking about getting

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2's and
52 Rock Crawler series steel rims

I have no lift, it's all stock and I want to keep it like that for now. My question is if I get 32" tires will I have any issues off road without a lift? Also how is the life of my selected tires, compared to others.

Should I get 15" or 16" rims and what backspacing should I get trying to keep the tire from sticking past the fenders.

Thanks
Well I'm more familiar with TJs so I can only answer some of your questions. The KM2s are a good tire, comparable to the GY MTR/Ks, they should last a decent while and be pretty good with regards to onroad handling and noise. They will probably suck on ice though as do most mud tires. 32" tires should clear everything just fine offroad but I don't know if a 15" or 16" wheel will clear JK brakes, someone else will have to jump in here for that. Also, I know 4ish BS is good on TJs but again I'm not sure on JKs.
5spdftw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
DaveS01
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Fwiw I disliked the 3 different sets of km2s I've had on various rigs.

Last set of tires were 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs. Wouldn't own anything else. Offroad performance put the km2 to shame.

I'd go 15" to keep costs down
DaveS01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Do you have rain, snow and ice in Winter where you live?

KM2 have a bad rep for being slick on wet roads, packed snow, and ice. You might want to consider Duratrac tires.

I think you can run 32 x 10.5 R16 (265/75R16) on your Jeep. Just make sure you get load C tires (NOT load D or E).

I've heard those 265/75R16 will fit your type Jeep, but I'm not an expert on your type Jeep. I know more about TJ and XJ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.