tire recommendations for a JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tire recommendations for a JK

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Pnble09
2015 JK Wrangler 

tire recommendations for a JK

I am going to be putting a Terflex 3" lift on it, and throwing some 17" wheels/ 32" tires. I am wondering what a good A/T tire is for a vehicle with this setup? it will be 70% road/ 30% weekend warrior on trails in the backwoods. No rock crawling or mud bogging.

Pnble09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
Pnble09
2015 JK Wrangler 

Anyone?
Unread 08-25-2015, 03:55 AM   #3
energeticmister

I highly recommend that you go for BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A K02 Tires. They are the perfect on and off road tires.
Unread 08-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
WXman
2001 WJ 

Your JK already has 32" tires if you have the Sport S or higher trim level. As far as a good AT tire...there are lots of options but some are slightly better for certain conditions than others. Is your part of Cali dry? If so, just about any AT tire sold today will be great. Sloppy conditions require certain tread patterns though. The KO/KO2 tread pattern generally sucks for mud and snow.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
Pnble09
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
Your JK already has 32" tires if you have the Sport S or higher trim level. As far as a good AT tire...there are lots of options but some are slightly better for certain conditions than others. Is your part of Cali dry? If so, just about any AT tire sold today will be great. Sloppy conditions require certain tread patterns though. The KO/KO2 tread pattern generally sucks for mud and snow.
I don't have the sport S, I have 30's on right now. I live in Fresno, but I will bringing my yeep up to the mountains on trials and stuff through creeks and ****. So I want a tire that will handle well in those conditions
Unread 08-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
Pnble09
2015 JK Wrangler 

I am also considering jsut going with mud tires. Someone told me that there are certain mud tires, that don't wear too much on the road and aren't too loud.
Unread 08-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
ezk83
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 2014 jku with a 2.5 teraflex lift and flat fenders. I run a 35" open country extremes. They ar all terrains and I love them.
ezk83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #8
Pnble09
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezk83 View Post
I have a 2014 jku with a 2.5 teraflex lift and flat fenders. I run a 35" open country extremes. They ar all terrains and I love them.
Which ones are the extremes, this is toyo right? I see Open Country M/T,R/T, and A/T
Unread 08-26-2015, 07:11 AM   #9
WXman
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnble09 View Post
Which ones are the extremes, this is toyo right? I see Open Country M/T,R/T, and A/T
The A/T they sell comes in three flavors... there is the normal one, the ones with even deeper tread, and then the "xtreme" version with wider void between the lugs. They are all the same tire...just slight changes to tread depth and spacing.

If you get, say, a 33x12.50 it's likely going to come in the xtreme version, but a P245/75-16 will just be the normal version.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #10
Pnble09
2015 JK Wrangler 

I was going to go with the KMC XD Rockstar II, but just looked around and got nothign but bad reviews when taken off road. so back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.