Tire problems on a 2" lifted WJ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire problems on a 2" lifted WJ...

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 10-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
dryomz
2004 WJ 

Tire problems on a 2" lifted WJ...

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just did my first suspension lift on my 2004 WJ. 2" Rough Country lift and added 1.5" wheel spacers. I upped the tire size from my stock p225/75/r16 to Hankook Dynapro ATM p245/75/r16, and despite the little charts found on Jeepforum.com and reading various threads that indicated it would be fine, these tires rub on moderate turns.

Would you guys recommend a smaller tire? Raise the body a little higher? Perhaps the spacers are hurting the situation?

Fortunately I can exchange my tires for smaller ones at no cost, and I can return the wheel spacers if needed.

I can go take some pictures upon request.

I'm off to the bar hopefully Ill see some feedback in the morning (Im relatively a rookie at this, so go easy on me)

Thanks!!!!

dryomz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm kind of surprised you're having issues because that's not a huge size change. And the fact you added 1.5 spacers. Though I'm not familiar with WJ I would think you'd be in good shape. Have you determined what the tires are rubbing on?
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
DavisI
2002 WJ 

If the rough country lift consist of new springs or just a spring spacer? If it's just a spacer, your stock springs may have sagged, netting less than two inches
DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
dryomz
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisI View Post
lift consist of new springs or just a spring spacer?
Stock springs, here are some photos...

dryomz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
jpat30

I have a WJ and run the same exact size tire you are but in a LT series. I run the OME HD lift.
#1 as previously stated, your stock springs and isolators may have sagged over time and resulted in you not getting the advertised lift
#2 take your spacers off, remount your wheels and check your clearance
#3 trim some of the plastic off of the front bumper. It is very easy to do; just take your time and remove a little at a time.
You should definitely be able to run this size tire with your BB though.
Hope this helps out.
-Carpe Diem Phil 1:20
jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tires rubbing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.