Tire problems on a 2" lifted WJ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire problems on a 2" lifted WJ...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
dryomz
2004 WJ 

Tire problems on a 2" lifted WJ...

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just did my first suspension lift on my 2004 WJ. 2" Rough Country lift and added 1.5" wheel spacers. I upped the tire size from my stock p225/75/r16 to Hankook Dynapro ATM p245/75/r16, and despite the little charts found on Jeepforum.com and reading various threads that indicated it would be fine, these tires rub on moderate turns.

Would you guys recommend a smaller tire? Raise the body a little higher? Perhaps the spacers are hurting the situation?

Fortunately I can exchange my tires for smaller ones at no cost, and I can return the wheel spacers if needed.

I can go take some pictures upon request.

I'm off to the bar hopefully Ill see some feedback in the morning (Im relatively a rookie at this, so go easy on me)

Thanks!!!!

dryomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm kind of surprised you're having issues because that's not a huge size change. And the fact you added 1.5 spacers. Though I'm not familiar with WJ I would think you'd be in good shape. Have you determined what the tires are rubbing on?
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
DavisI
2002 WJ 

If the rough country lift consist of new springs or just a spring spacer? If it's just a spacer, your stock springs may have sagged, netting less than two inches
DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
dryomz
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisI View Post
lift consist of new springs or just a spring spacer?
Stock springs, here are some photos...

dryomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
jpat30

I have a WJ and run the same exact size tire you are but in a LT series. I run the OME HD lift.
#1 as previously stated, your stock springs and isolators may have sagged over time and resulted in you not getting the advertised lift
#2 take your spacers off, remount your wheels and check your clearance
#3 trim some of the plastic off of the front bumper. It is very easy to do; just take your time and remove a little at a time.
You should definitely be able to run this size tire with your BB though.
Hope this helps out.
-Carpe Diem Phil 1:20
jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.