Tire Presure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire Presure

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Bds suspension discount

Unread 03-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
Cano63
2014 WK 

Tire Presure

Hello, I change the tire of my jeep for some Hankook Dynapro MT RT03. the guy that install them said that the presure should be at 39 to 40, but not sure if this is correct. I know that the factory will is like 36 or something like that, but this are biggest tire.

Any body know which should be the correct presure.

Cano63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unless you are running low profile tires on big rims, your tire guy is wrong. Without knowing what size tire and rim you are running, nobody will be able to help you. Do a search on "chalk test".
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

27ish is a good starting point for most over sized tires. but a chalk test or puddle test is the best method
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Cano63
2014 WK 

Are 285/70/r17, on the factory wheel.
Cano63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

as stated above, 27psi is a good starting point, then do a chalk or puddle test to dial in your exact tire psi. every vehicle is different based on weight. many people find that the front to rear psi is different due to more weight in the front or hard top vs soft top. way too many variables to tell you the exact number. a chalk/puddle test will get you the correct psi in a few minutes
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the same tires in 32x11.5R15 on 15x8 wheels. I normally run 28-30psi in mine on the highway. Most of the time 28psi. Offroad I will run anywhere from 10-16lb depending on the terrain and how soft the terrain is. For my type of wheeling, I seem to do best with 12-14psi.
2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
TellicoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.