Tire Pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire Pressure

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #1
smittystorm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tire Pressure

Does anyone have a recomendation for the psi on on my BFG 31x10.5 s? Thanks

smittystorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
jandoaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittystorm
Does anyone have a recomendation for the psi on on my BFG 31x10.5 s? Thanks
On or offroad?

I ran my old michelins at 35psi onroad and 8-10 psi offroad

I run my claws at 24 on road and 3-6 off road, but they are bias plies
Unread 04-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

I had my 31 BFG ATs at 31 psi. I found that on my XJ anything over that would cause a pretty harse ride and anything under would cause a loose ride. I did notice at 31psi I had pretty crappy traction in rain, but then again I have a heavy foot.

I run my BFG 32 muds at 31 also. You really have to find a happy medium for yourself. 28-32 is a pretty good range. 32 being pretty rough and 28 being soft.
Unread 04-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #4
smittystorm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Perfect! I am mostly onroad so far, I had them at 50, then 40, and wondered why I was bouncing all over the road! Thanks for the info, I was ready to take them back.
smittystorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #5
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Yeah thats extremely high. Higher pressures are normally used when you have a heavy load or tiny tires, like low-pros or something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.