tire pressure on 31x10.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tire pressure on 31x10.5

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-29-2004, 09:29 PM   #1
tchfall15

tire pressure on 31x10.5

I just mounted my 31x10.5 MTRs. What tire pressure should i have for onroad? All i drive is onroad. Just got the tires for looks. Thanks

tchfall15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
xjj33p3r
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchfall15
I just mounted my 31x10.5 MTRs. What tire pressure should i have for onroad? All i drive is onroad. Just got the tires for looks. Thanks
35 psi is standard for all tires
xjj33p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2004, 06:34 AM   #3
Mels95YJ

I wouldn't run 35psi in them. Look at the label on your driver's door frame. It will give you DC's recommendation. I believe it's like 30 front and 32 rear or vice versa. Personally, when I had 30's, I ran 30psi all the way around. That was the best "feel" I found. WIth 33's I run 28psi all the way around. HTH

Mel
Unread 04-30-2004, 08:32 AM   #4
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

I agree with Mel. You need to find a pressure that is good for you. You don't want it to high, cause you'll have a bumpy ride, to low and you'll wear the tire fast. I tend to keep mine right around 30psi. Sometimes I'll be a little more or less, like if I go someplace far with alot of wieght, I'll pump up to like 32. If its snowy or maybe even rainy for a while I might go as low as 25 and 20 in fresh snow, just to help with traction.
Unread 04-30-2004, 08:33 AM   #5
gigihurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchfall15
Thirty five is not standard it all depends on the tire and weight of the vehicle. The tire will say the amount needed at full load on vehicle. My michelins on my suburban call for 46 at full load and I run at 38,The sand flea runs at 32 on highway and 19 in the woods.
gigihurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.