Tire help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire help

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
stevedetes

Tire help

Ok, I need a good quality on and off road tire 35".
I have 17" rims with a 2.5 rock krawler lift.
Any suggestions

stevedetes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
jsnruth
2013 JK Wrangler 

I really like the good year MTR with Kevlar. That is what I had on my TJ and what I am putting on my JK
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to assume based on the fact that you're lifted with 35s and said "on and off road" that you'll be doing a lot of wheeling. Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar comes to mind for me as we'll. Additionally, consider Kumho Road Venture MT KL71, Fierce Attitude MT, or Cooper STT. Goodyear Duratrac is an aggressive AT tire that might do the trick as well as Cooper ST Maxx. General Grabber AT2 is a nice old-school look, and much cheaper than the overrated BFG AT. There are many other great AT tires, but Like I said: I'm assuming you want something more aggressive to wheel with.

If you don't do much wheeling, get ATs. MTs can be OK on the road, but they can never be a match for ATs when it comes to the road, and they can be VERY capable offroading especially if mud isn't part of the equation.
mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

What type tread do you want? All Terrain, Rock tire, Sand Tire, Mud Tire, a combination? What are your intended uses for the Jeep?

How much do you care about on road performance and manners?

If you answer those questions, I can make recommendations.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.