Tire difference - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tire difference

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT500 View Post
Im going today and see if I can get 12 months 0%. If so I'm going to get the new wheels (15x8), and some 32x11.5x15's.
The tire store can probably determine if you have limited slip or open rear diff.

If you are getting 15 x 8 wheels, you could get 32 x 11.5 or 31 x 10.5 tires. There are a lot more choices of 31s and 31 works better with stock gearing.

Unread 06-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #17
DRT500
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I might try 31's next go round. I would like to keep the big tire look if possible. The jeep has a 3" or 4" black diamond suspension lift, so I want to fill up the fender well as much as possible. The 32x11.5x15 is a shot at compromise with keeping the same look and helping pep and mpg. If it still lugs more than I'd like I might consider the 31's on the next tire change. The guy I got it from said it had 35's on it before the 33's. I can't imagine how sluggish that must have been although I have buddies that are running the exact thing on there jeeps. I'm probably being to picky but it is what it is. My boss has a 97 with the 4.0 and stock tires. I let him drive minen to lunch the other day and he said it seemed fine on power. Maybe Im just used to the 5.4 in my F150. Anywho, I'm excited about getting some new skins and wheels, and taking it to the farm for a little logging road fun. I can't wait to get some cash and start making it mine. Bumpers are in the future and either vinyl floor, or line x for the interior. After those maybe light bar and a radio with an auxiliary jack for my ipod and iphone.
DRT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't realize it's lifted that much.

Well then, 32s make sense.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.