Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Time for New Tires

676 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Anschutz 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get a set of tires this weekend. I've always had cheaper ATs and in high school I played in the mud a lot:brickwall . I'm stationed in Colorado now and have been playing in the mountains a lot recently. The biggest problem I've had is poor traction on my front tires as they've worn really quickly. Right now I'm looking at either 33x10.5r15 or 33x12.5r15 in either BFG AT or KM2 flavor. 4WP has a sale right now so I can justify either size or tread. I would just look at the jeeps in the parking lot right now but they have every tire under the sun. I do drive my Jeep quite a bit but it isn't quite a DD. Is there any reason I would need the KM2 over the AT out here other than they look really BA? Thanks.

Zach

#2 ·
It's about what is more important to you because each will have a trade off. If you want road manners and better all around winter performance while still having good off road performance, go with the KO2. If all you want is off road performance then go with the KM2. Don't expect a mud terrain to be a great winter tire, they aren't designed that way.

#3 ·
I ended up with the KO2. It's winter rated, still good off-road, a little cheaper, and most importantly, not on backorder. I've only driven from the tire store to home on them but not too loud. I'll give a better review when I get a few hundred or thousand miles on them, use them off road, and then snow performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.