Thoughts on the these Coker Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Thoughts on the these Coker Tires

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 11-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thoughts on the these Coker Tires

Running 31 A/T Cooper discoverers-- bout 6k miles on them.. they are rated for 50k and I really don't see it. I see maybe another 25k-30k in them.. I rotate them and keep them balanced , running at 29 psi. I believe the road crown wear here in Florida is gonna kill them prematurely though.. they are directional tires so they will be toast for road use I suspect way too early.. and with the amount of rain we get down here, eh. I am looking at tires to get this coming spring and not sure I wanna spend more to go bigger, maybe up to 32 .. but why? I ask myself.

I considered going to a 33x10.5x 15 , cooper A/T's again.. I can get 5 tires for 850.00 mounted and balanced . or stay at 31's for 100 less.

I was also looking at these Coker's.. my brother sent me the Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coker-Vintag...ecb011&vxp=mtr

Can I get some input from the forum?

I am sure these wouldn't be much good for general use.. but man they sure look beefy.. lolol

thanks

Unread 11-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You will hate those things.
swirve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hate them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirve View Post
You will hate those things.
Can you elaborate some? Because of width? Height? Ride? Poor Performance?

Recommendations?

I really want to keep my budget under 1k .. I air my current tires down when off-roading and being that they are A/T.. they do considerably well .. even if they don't have huge knobs or crazy siping .
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The new micky Thompson at3 will be a good choice for you. I have the mickey Thompson mt on my half ton ram and have over 65k on them and they still have some life on them.

You wont like the cookers, they are a bias play which means they will get flat spots over night. So every short trip will be bouncy until they round back out. Stick with a radial tire.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918
The new micky Thompson at3 will be a good choice for you. I have the mickey Thompson mt on my half ton ram and have over 65k on them and they still have some life on them. You wont like the cookers, they are a bias play which means they will get flat spots over night. So every short trip will be bouncy until they round back out. Stick with a radial tire.
This is why. Flat spots, louder than hell, crappy ride.
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Appreciated .. I didn't even notice they weren't radial.. of course they wouldn't be. My Granddad has an old Cadillac 54' with the fins.. He keeps it in storage .. I remember he would have me take it out every spring to put the battery in and service .. Nylon tires.. things stayed flat spotted ..
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918 View Post
The new micky Thompson at3 will be a good choice for you. I have the mickey Thompson mt on my half ton ram and have over 65k on them and they still have some life on them.

You wont like the cookers, they are a bias play which means they will get flat spots over night. So every short trip will be bouncy until they round back out. Stick with a radial tire.
I can't find the Mickey Thompson at3's online anywhere. Not even Mickey Thompson website.. how much per tire for these @ 31x 10.5 x15 do they make a 32 x 9.5x 15?
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Might check out the General Grabber AT2
Unread 11-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wh...ias-ply-tires/
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/t...item=BajaATZP3

These

http://simpletire.com/mickey-thompso...FYlFMgodJh4AUg

cheapest I found on a quick search
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

even cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918 View Post
https://www.treadwright.com/

31x10.5x15
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
TJSIDNEY
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am really leaning toward either a 31 or a 33 --- 9.5x 15 I am thinking I wanna go thinner as opposed to wider .. pizza cutter style
Unread 11-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
Mambo_Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSIDNEY View Post
I am really leaning toward either a 31 or a 33 --- 9.5x 15 I am thinking I wanna go thinner as opposed to wider .. pizza cutter style
Which no longer exist for 15" wheels.

I've pent countless hours searching, and have only found remnants of data from tires that were once made for 15" wheels.

If you and I want pizza-cutter tires, we'll have to switch to the far more common (on trucks) 16" wheels now.
Mambo_Dave is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.