Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Thornbirds

859 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rufies97XJ 
#1 ·
31x11x15
Are these good tires??
Mostly a DD...some trails...little muddin...

#2 ·
possibly the best tires out there!:rolleyes:

Just kidding...I have heard from about 100 people regarding these tires and about 99 of them claimed them to be the worst tires they have ever owned. Tough to balance and suck in the mud. The only person that liked them usem them only on teh street and wanted them cuz they looked cool.

#4 ·
i vote no for the turd birds..... they suck on the street if its wet, my buddy almost killed himself pleny of times running them on his built up ZJ (xxhotelcrazyxx - check the registry) til he finally got rid of them. They fill up with mud offroad and you end up running slicks... bad deadl.

#5 ·
if they're free and you own a tire groover, go for it. do a search here or on the pirates board and there are plenty of pictures where people have grooved thornbirds to make them actually work and reduce their negative safety factor. I would NOT put these tires on a DD where you might be transporting children on a regular basis.

If you live alone.. by all means do what you want.. but let us know what junkyards are close to you so we can pick over your totaled jeep for parts after this winter. :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.