thinking about painting my black crags white! what do you think? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > thinking about painting my black crags white! what do you think?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
ChrisTJCO
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thinking about painting my black crags white! what do you think?

Here's a pic of my jeep. I'm going to be adding a 1 inch BL and going to 33s. I'm tired of the black wheels...thinking of painting them white! I also rock a white hardtop. I think my complete "white out" jeep would be unique. What do you say?

forumrunner_20110329_202013.jpg  

Colorado Jeep Club Member #230[/CENTER]
ChrisTJCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
secondrecon22xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

do it.....sickness!
secondrecon22xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
KURSIVE
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That'd look cool, I'm always for painted rims!
KURSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
ChrisTJCO
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That's two yes's! I saw someone posted a pic of their white jeep with white wagon wheels and it looked gnarly. Some people have told me my jeep is already too white, but I think it'd look great. Leaning towards doing it...!!!

Unread 03-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
ChrisTJCO
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alright guys - what do you think of how this looks? I think I really like it!

edit: I know they aren't the same wheels I have on the jeep right now - but the set I am going to paint to go with my 33s is the style in this picture.

Unread 03-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you paint them white, then get a good match with the body (Stone white?). If you use a bright white the wheels will make your Jeep look dirty. I only say this because I had a bright white YJ and when I parked next to any other car that wasn't bright white, My Jeep always looked cleaner. You can see it in your photoshop, but it'll really stand out in real life.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
Gumpy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Not something you see everyday but pretty cool looking.
Gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
SquadStep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I pictured it in my head as simply awful-looking, but after seeing it on a white jeep i really like it.
SquadStep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
RKBA
2002 TJ Wrangler 

white steel spoke wheels were pretty standard on 4x4s when I was growing up, so they look "normal" to me. Black steelies just look like you can't afford decent wheels, or someone stole your hub caps.
RKBA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 03:03 AM   #10
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Keep them black and turn you tires so the white lettering is out, they will look at lot better agree thats too much black but with a white letters out that will be just enough to make it look good and make it not look like it is from the 80s.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
buickgnx88
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBA View Post
white steel spoke wheels were pretty standard on 4x4s when I was growing up, so they look "normal" to me. Black steelies just look like you can't afford decent wheels, or someone stole your hub caps.
Or white wheels don't go well with a faded yellow Wrangler.
buickgnx88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.