Is there a good riding spring lift out there? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Is there a good riding spring lift out there?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-08-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
JL

Is there a good riding spring lift out there?

Or is it an oxymoron? I'm looking for 2.5 or 4 inch lift. Should I just settle for the cheapest kit? Skyjacker claims to provide a better than stock ride, and I'm leaning towards them for that reason.

Unread 10-08-2001, 09:11 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Skyjacker has a good ride but the springs sag quickly! Superlift is another good riding spring. Mine didn't sag too bad at all. I thought they did after I added a winch and 2 five gallon gerry cans to my Jeep. But when I went to a stiffer spring, I gave them to a buddy. They lifted his Jeep the full 3.5".

You want excellent ride and good spring life, custom springs can't be beat. National Spring in El Cajon, CA or Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, CO are a couple.

OME springs are a great riding spring and long lasting. But they only make a 2.5" lift spring.

RE's new (well not so new anymore) 4.5" Extreme Duty seems to be a good riding spring and excellent performer for the amount of lift you get.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2001, 06:26 PM   #3
JL

Thanks for the advice osburn. I was wondering how much these kits settled too but neglected to mention it (Skyjacker's off the list now). I'll be keeping an eye out for any deals on the brands you mentioned.
Unread 10-09-2001, 09:50 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just noticed you're talking CJ. I don't know for sure, but I think the RE 4.5" lift is only offered for YJs.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2001, 11:29 PM   #5
rivertrout10

JL - you are wise to eliminate the Skyjacker - a buddy of mine has one and is sagging quite a bit. I have posted several opinions on the Rubicon Express kit. I have the 4.5 inch lift on my 78 CJ-5 and it is without a doubt the best kit on the market. I have had it around a year with no sagging. It is a complete kit - you will not need another thing to lift your Jeep with this brand. It is of the more expensive ways to go - but you get what you pay for. I off-road often and the perfomance on and off-road are without complaint.

Good Luck,
Derek
Unread 10-15-2001, 12:14 AM   #6
iJeep

Old Man Emu is the best riding aftermarket suspension that I know of. They do lifts up to 2.5" because of strict Australian lift laws.
National and Alan do custom springs for whatever you want.
Rubicon Express makes a great quality lift kit that is very complete if you are looking in the 4-5" range. They ride good but the only want to get a better than stock ride is OME or custom springs...I would do the RE lift for the money and quality it is great.
iJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.