tallest tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tallest tire

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-18-2001, 11:12 PM   #1
Dustin Maschino

tallest tire

I have a CJ-7 and want to lift it with 2" superlift springs and do a SOA conversion..
The tallest tire that will fit and still give me some travel would be a 35, but will that be too top heavy?

Dustin Maschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

that depends on how/ where you drive it.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2001, 07:16 PM   #3
Dustin Maschino

its gonna be an everyday driver with an occasional trip to the badlands....
Dustin Maschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You shouldn't have any real problems there. Bill Cue is running 35s on his SOA'd CJ7 and plans to go to the 37s I'm pretty sure. If you'd like to talk to him, his website is: http://www.cuebilt.com/
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2001, 07:13 AM   #5
st_hood

I asked everywhere and everyone about SOA's on my YJ. It is a daily driver and all those who are in the know recommended not doing an SOA on a daily driver. Can you say axle hop.
I've never heard of tires making you top heavy unless your mounting them on your hood.
I don't know what axles your running but the bigger the tire the more stress on the axles.
st_hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2001, 11:06 PM   #6
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by st_hood:
I asked everywhere and everyone about SOA's on my YJ. It is a daily driver and all those who are in the know recommended not doing an SOA on a daily driver. Can you say axle hop.
I drive my SOA YJ 50 miles roundtrip everyday. YJs were meant to be SOA! Axle wrap can be an issue, but that's usually only off road and on steps or when the Jeep is pretty near verticle. With 33s, I had some wheel hop which I'm sure was mostly axle wrap but not enough to even bother fixing. Picking a slightly different line would always get me thru. With 35s I've had to add traction bars and I have no axle wrap, but I still have some wheel hop. Wheel hop is a strange beast. I plan to add shocks, but as we all know, that's treating the symptom, not the cause.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.