Switching our TPMS - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Switching our TPMS

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
brycec
2011 JK Wrangler 

Switching our TPMS

I'm putting on a new set of wheels and need to have my TPMS switched from the old to new set and then have the new set balanced and mounted.

Does anyone have suggestions on how/where to get that done? I'm assuming just going to Firestone, but wanted to check with the forum first.

brycec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
brycec
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'll update this in the event it pops up in somes search in the future. I've received quotes from $90 to $350 to simply switch TPMS from one set of wheels to the next. So, if you're ever in the same boat as me, make sure to call around before you commit to some place.
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
hub0619
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just got my new rims and my tires are on the way. I learned about the whole tpms thing and I'm just gonna f-it and leave them out They are pretty useless in my opinion
hub0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
WXman
2001 WJ 

Yes...since you've got a JK you should spend $100 on a used AEV ProCal module so you can turn the TPMS light off. Then you'll never have to worry about it again.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
brycec
2011 JK Wrangler 

I ended up getting 5 TPMS moved, 5 new wheels balanced and mounted, and 4 worn tires disposed of for $98 at Firestone Complete Auto Care. As an FYI for those in Houston, I got a quote from 4WheelParts for the same work, less the tire disposal, for $338. I have no idea why their quote was so high, but it's turned me off from using/recommending them for anything in the future.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.