Suspension lift with shackle lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Suspension lift with shackle lift?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 06-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #1
U.P.4WD

Suspension lift with shackle lift?

I recently bought a 92 YJ. It appears that the previous owner installed longer shackles to lift it. They measure 6.5 inches between the bolt holes. How much lift over stock hight would shackles this size give me?

I also am considering either a BDS 3.5" or a RE 4" standard suspension lift to go under this Jeep. Can I still use these shackles or would that be too much lift?

U.P.4WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
Ryno

Many people combine lift shackles with lift springs (many kits come with them). Don't worry about it.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P.4WD
I also am considering either a BDS 3.5" or a RE 4" standard suspension lift to go under this Jeep. Can I still use these shackles or would that be too much lift?
You need to loose those mammoth junk shackles. Go with a RE 4" suspenssion lift.
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.