Suspension lift for 1994 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Suspension lift for 1994 wrangler

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-01-2001, 06:58 PM   #1
wags640

Suspension lift for 1994 wrangler

hi myname i joe anfd ihave a 1994jeep wrangler 2.5 liter 4 cylinder. It has an autmatic transmision. i was wondering ifi put a 4 inch lift and greaseable shackles on the jeep t fit 333 inch tires, would the 4 banger be eough? wht could i do to make the bigger tires work with the 4 banger? myb new ring and pinion. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, joe.

Unread 06-02-2001, 01:48 PM   #2
rayray

Joe,
I run 33's with a 4 banger and 4.56 gears. It's not a bad setup, but a tcase reduction kit will make it great. At least that's where I'm heading. One significant thing I have noticed is the differance that tire weight makes. On the road, when I ran BFG AT's, the jeep would have plenty of power. When I went to the same size tire, but swamper bias ply, on a narrower rim, power on the road sucked. Just something to think about.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2001, 01:10 PM   #3
batman

I have a 1994 Wrangler 2.5L and want to put 33's on it also. After talking with many people I found that 4.56 would work, but while you're changing ring and pinion you mine as well put on 4.88 to put less strain on the engine and with a 4 banger you need all the power tou can get.
94 YJ 2.5L, 4" superlift, 33" Radial MT, wet okole seat covers, Sunrider soft top, front and rear light guards, billet grill, clarion cd player, 2-10" RF subs, soundbar, tb spacer. Thats all I can afford with school.
batman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.