Stretched tj tire size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Stretched tj tire size

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

View Poll Results: Tire dilema
Keep 38x12.5 x terrains 0 0%
35 inch truxxus mt 0 0%
35x12.5 ltb 0 0%
Other 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Flexlarson

Stretched tj tire size

I have 98 tj with g-2 44 front ,44 rear, genrite stretch to 102 with re long arm kit. Bellys tucked and flat with boat sides. Runnin 38.5 procomp x terrains. U guys have thought on prob downgrading to 35 or 36 inch tires. Considering truxxus or 35 swamper ltb. I drive around for fun not but take 300 mile trip yo moab, south dakota , etc for wheelin.
35s to small given stretch ?
Stay with 38?
Any one here run 35x12.5-17 ltbs. ?

Flexlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If it were me, Id go with a 37" tire or stay with what you have. You will high center with anything smaller and defeats the WB stretch. A 37" will fill it out fine while still keeping the jeep working as it should. To each heir own though, Good luck either way

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.