Stock Rubicon JK rims & tires on my TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Stock Rubicon JK rims & tires on my TJ

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #16
98GP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6less View Post
How long did you have to wait to receive your adapters?
I aquired mine in a trade with a buddy that included my 32/11.5/15 and 15" wheels for these adaptors and some cash.

98GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #17
comaddmax

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have the wheels and tires on (255/75/17 MT) with a 1.25 adapter from Spider Trax, a little rub at full lock. I haven't figured out were... but not a big issue.
comaddmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #18
gatorjm7
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bring this back from the dead.. It sounds like you got them to fit just fine with a 1.25" adapter. I'm looking to do the same with mine.

Any issues since your last post? I'm worried about clearance with a 32" tire, but that hasn't been a problem?
gatorjm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #19
RDaniel2405
TJ with JK Wheels

2006 TJ Wrangler 

1.25'' spidertrax spacer/adapter, and 2'' budget boost lift kit

before 31x10.5's

RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
raleighreefer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i think that looks clean.
raleighreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #21
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just put a set of 2012 Rubicon rims/tires on my 05 LJ using the Spidertrax hubcentric spacers and with my 2inch BB I have no clearance issues. It was cheaper for me to get a set of take of rims/tires vs just buying a set of 4 new BFG M/T's to put on my JK rims. Just gotta sell the old set of polished alloy Moab's now. I do like the new 2012 satin finish though.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here is my 05 LJ with a set of 2012 JK 17inch Moab's.

05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
RDaniel2405
TJ with JK Wheels

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Green LJ!

This is what my jeep looks like now, till I get new tires whenever these ones wear out. Pic was taken a few days after lift install.
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #24
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I like your Orange TJ as well!! When I first started looking at TJ/LJ's I wanted either a yellow, orange, or electric lime green/65th Anniversary Green TJ/LJ. Ended up with a stone white TJ Rubicon, but my dad tracked down an electric lime green LJ and bought it ASAP lol. It's now mine and I'm very proud of it.

I have a set of the mineral grey rims off of a COD Edition JK, but once I put them on the WJ my wife called me an Indian giver if I took em off lol. So I found the 2012 take off set for 1K which was 300.00 cheaper than just 5 new tires (which paid for the Spidertrax Spacers). I do like the 2012 satin color vs the polished aluminum 07/08 rims I have sitting out back now lol.

P.S. Funny how we both went with the smoked turn signals!! I couldn't stand the OEM orange ones against the green paint.
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best4x4 View Post
Here is my 05 LJ with a set of 2012 JK 17inch Moab's.

Ok I see how RDaniel mounted his spare on the TJ with a 5th adapter, is that the same way you did yours on the LJ? Reason I'm asking is this is the next thing for my LJ to get, have the wheels and adapters (well 4 of them), just need the tires.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yep I ordered 3 sets of the Spidertrax Adapters. I currently have a spare just in case something happens to one of the others. If you order directly from Spidertrax you can order just 5 by calling them directly and placing your order. I just didn't mind having a spare so I went with 3 pair. I was going to just modify the OEM tire carrier, but I like just using the spacer which allows me to use either bolt pattern if I decide to go back. If you modify the OEM tire carrier I'm not sure if you can go back to the OEM setup or not.

Since you already have 4 spacers/adapters I'm sure if you call them you can just purchase one and then you'd be all set!
Unread 08-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah after I wrote that I figured it out. Won't matter anyway I have a Or Fab tire carrier on the way here next pay check. One of my brain not remembering what I have ordered already moments. Thanks for the info though

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #28
l0p3z187
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I hate to revive an old thread. But I need a little help. I finally got around to getting my 5th wheel spacer for the spare tire. I am unable to mount the spare on. The bottom of the spare rubs against my bumper preventing the spare to be fully mounted. Did you guys have a body lift that allowed clearance? Thanks for any help!
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #29
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0p3z187 View Post
I hate to revive an old thread. But I need a little help. I finally got around to getting my 5th wheel spacer for the spare tire. I am unable to mount the spare on. The bottom of the spare rubs against my bumper preventing the spare to be fully mounted. Did you guys have a body lift that allowed clearance? Thanks for any help!
You can extend the rubber bumpers that the tire rests against. Of course then you are increasing the leverage on your door hinges which isn't good for them.
Unread 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #30
tiflandr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

is that a pic of a tj with tk wheels and if so how much did the tire/wheel stick out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GP View Post
I am running a BDS 3" kit and a set of wheel adaptors from A-DAPT-IT USA. The wheel adaptors are 1.30" thick.

[/IMG]
tiflandr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.