Stock Rubicon JK rims & tires on my TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Stock Rubicon JK rims & tires on my TJ

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
comaddmax

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Stock Rubicon JK rims & tires on my TJ

I'm getting my son's rims and tires off his Rubicon. What depth of adapter do I need?

comaddmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
jdub2k5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

shouldnt need an adapter

actualy arent they a different bolt pattern?
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
comaddmax

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, they are different, the TJ is 5X4.5 and the JK is 5X5.0 The tire size is also 32" diameter. The back spacing for the TJ vs the JK would determine the spacer depth.
Unread 12-12-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You will need a 5x5 to 5x4.5 adapter. Other than that you should be good. I dont think JK wheels have more than 5" backspacing, which is what Tjs are stock. So they should fit.
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

They come in 1.25".
Search Results - Quadratec
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #6
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/w...t-size-640000/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #7
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jk rubi wheels are 17" wheels, are 7.5" wide, and have 6.5" of backspacing. A spidertrax 1.25" spacer will still end up giving you more backspacing than a stock tj wheel.

I run the jk wheels on my tj, but I swapped jk axles in too. The wheels are a pain in the *** now. I can't imagine them on a stock tj.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
comaddmax

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Can you elaborate on why the tires are a pain in the ***
Unread 03-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #9
comaddmax

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bennettj13 are u still alive???
Unread 03-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #10
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Your probably going to either need a body lift or a suspension lift of some kind to fit 32s, 31s are the largest you can fit stock with out rubbing.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #11
98GP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am running a BDS 3" kit and a set of wheel adaptors from A-DAPT-IT USA. The wheel adaptors are 1.30" thick.

[/IMG]
98GP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaddmax View Post
Bennettj13 are u still alive???
Sorry bro, Im a busy boy. the wheels have a buttload of backspacing. Running jk wheels with no spacers gets my tire all up into my swayloc arm. I would imagine the same would happen with the stock swaybar. I really don't know how it is done with a tj width axle. I've got the extra width of my jk axles and I'm still getting into everything. I am currently in the market for 2" spacers. That will make things a little more manageable. Good luck.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #13
JTruel
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The JK Wheels I measured had a backspacing of 5 and 7/8ths. Add a 1.25" adaptor and you get 4 and 5/8ths backspace.. no problem running them with the stock 255/75/17s.
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #14
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruel View Post
The JK Wheels I measured had a backspacing of 5 and 7/8ths. Add a 1.25" adaptor and you get 4 and 5/8ths backspace.. no problem running them with the stock 255/75/17s.
I'm running a 12.50 wide tire, which is partly where my issues stem from. The other part is the fact that I've got some crazy aggressive tires, and the side lugs like to grab things, hence the Swayloc comment above.

Unread 03-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #15
r6less
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
Your probably going to either need a body lift or a suspension lift of some kind to fit 32s, 31s are the largest you can fit stock with out rubbing.
Mine fit just barely. I have maybe 2 inches clearance at full lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GP
I am running a BDS 3" kit and a set of wheel adaptors from A-DAPT-IT USA. The wheel adaptors are 1.30" thick.
How long did you have to wait to receive your adapters?
r6less is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.