Stock Goodyear Wrangler S/RA's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Stock Goodyear Wrangler S/RA's

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
ultrabullit
2012 JK Wrangler 

Stock Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's

Did a search and did not find anything, How good are these in occassional mud during a hunting trip? Example dirt road that is compacted but maintained only yearly.

Last edited by ultrabullit; 12-03-2013 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Title wrong
ultrabullit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

SR-A's are highway tires and pretty poor ones at that. They won't handle mud at all. They're bad in rain; they're bad in snow; they're bad at cornering; they're terrible on ice; they're not even very quiet or comfortable. They have no strengths, and Goodyear should not make them. Compacted dirt road? Hell, if it's dry, even slicks could probably handle that well enough to get you from point A to point B, but if any loose and/or wet material even thinks of showing its face, all bets are off.

Goodyear Wrangler SR-A was a stock tire for the 2012 JK?! For shame, Jeep! I get that lots of non-wheelers are buying Jeep Wranglers these days, but at least give them GOOD highway tires for their mall crawling.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
SR-A's are highway tires and pretty poor ones at that. They won't handle mud at all. They're bad in rain; they're bad in snow; they're bad at cornering; they're terrible on ice; they're not even very quiet or comfortable. They have no strengths, and Goodyear should not make them. Compacted dirt road? Hell, if it's dry, even slicks could probably handle that well enough to get you from point A to point B, but if any loose and/or wet material even thinks of showing its face, all bets are off.

Goodyear Wrangler SR-A was a stock tire for the 2012 JK?! For shame, Jeep! I get that lots of non-wheelers are buying Jeep Wranglers these days, but at least give them GOOD highway tires for their mall crawling.

Couldn't have dissed them better myself, well played.
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
ultrabullit
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the input guys, the ground was a little damp and the mud was sticking to them and filing the tread pretty quickly. Getting some good A/T tire within the next month. Luckily I could straddle all the major ruts without sliding into them.

2012 JKUSp Bright White, Black Freedom Top
Work in Progress
ultrabullit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Spiderxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoody View Post
Couldn't have dissed them better myself, well played.
x's 3!!!!! They are horrible and one of the first things I got rid of on my JK. For 14K my rear tires looked like they had 30K on them.
Spiderxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.