Step up from stt's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Step up from stt's?

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Step up from stt's?

Im wanting to go from my 35-12.5 cooper stt's for some 33-12.5's but want a step up in offroad performance. Dont care much for road manners just want decent wear and good mud, rocks tractions, if that exists. Ive heard good things about mtr's with kevlar and will probably get those if no one suggest anything better. Any help or info is appreciated!

Lincolnwelding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I went that exact route (STT to MT/RwK) and have been very happy. Not many rocks around here but on everything else, it was definitely a step up.
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
I went that exact route (STT to MT/RwK) and have been very happy. Not many rocks around here but on everything else, it was definitely a step up.
Alright glad to hear someone else's experiences with that switch. Deffinitly just sealed the deal for me
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
HK_Runner
2014 JK Wrangler 

The MTR Kevlars are amazing offroad. However, I feel (with a light 2-door) that the sidewalls are very very stiff. I run them at 24 on the road and 10 offroad. Hoping the sidewalls eventually (4K on mine) break in.
HK_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mine are almost 4 years old (approx 20k on mine) and they get a decent bulge at 12-8 lbs on 15x8s but still pull like crazy and you can tell that they do wrap around stuff. They break in some over time, despite being on a light vehicle like a Jeep but don't expect too much.
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys! I honestly dont mess with air pressure on my tires like a dumba**. I never crawl on anything to serious, only because there isnt anything around here, i know tire pressure still matters in mud but not as much as on boulders right?
WJC #292

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.