State by State Vehicle Equipment Laws - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > State by State Vehicle Equipment Laws

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #106
TJDukit
2009 JK Wrangler 

Looks like it's been a while since people have actually contributed anything useful. Here is a link to wyoming equipment code.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/statutes.../T31CH5AR9.htm

This is a link to just their statutes site.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/statutes/statutes.aspx

It's Title 31, Chapter 5, Article 9

Not a whole lot by way of restrictions.

And here is South Dakota.

http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/Di...ute&Statute=32

Chapters 15, 17, 19 and 21 seem applicable.

Last edited by TJDukit; 12-29-2010 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: added south Dakota
TJDukit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #107
SolarYellow
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here is Tennessee: Tennessee Equipment & Lighting Regulations
SolarYellow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #108
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

here is Idaho http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title49/T49.htm
jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #109
fredcop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

For those of you in Maryland you need to reference COMAR Title 11, subtitles 13 and 14. These are the regulations that are enforced on an Equipment repair order. Not all equipment laws are covered under the Transportation Article Title 22.

Quick guidance, if you have to modify your suspension in order to fit larger tire/wheel combinations, it is considered illegal. Otherwise you have to reference the vehicle height regulations in COMAR and the Transportation Article.

As for mirrors, you are by law required to have an inside rearview mirror, and at minimum, a driver's side rearview mirror.
fredcop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #110
fredcop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'll try and find a GOOD link to send your way...
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #111
fredcop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/sub..._Chapters.aspx

Remember, subtitles 13, and 14... These are the laws that govern in-state vehicles in reference to equipment repair orders.

For out of state, law enforcement can write you for violations of Title 22 of the Maryland Transportation Article.
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #112
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ok, I found minnesota. it is online.
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169

and north dakota is a pdf file from online. it is at the bottom of the page, height laws are on "page" 21.
appearently north dakota isnt a very friendly 4x4 state, but most places dont push to hard as long as you dont act like an idiot.
http://www.dot.nd.gov/manuals/manuals-publications.htm
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #113
kaestacrunch
2002 WJ 

I had a guy tell me at work the other day that if your tires extend beyond your fender, you're required to have fender flares. Im based in Utah, and looked through the link, but didnt see anything.
Confirm/deny?
kaestacrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #114
03ranger4oh

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169

Section 169.46 to 169.75
03ranger4oh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #115
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka

[*] Texas...............Texas Statutes, Transportation Code
Unfortunately only on PDF or downloaded as a whole or searchable by keywords, wish it was more browse-able. Of note is § 547.602. MIRRORS REQUIRED, anyone want to search this document for other pertinent topics?

!
Updated tx link

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...htm/TN.547.htm
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #116
musicpuppy
2002 WJ 

Im not even gonna read this thread cause i know where it's going, so just let me say, every state has laws that are on the books that you could not emagine unless you do the research. These laws can sometimes only appear and slap you in the face if you think you got it right. Some of these laws on the books dont even get enforced, but there there. And if you get caught doing wrong dont use the excuse that my frien did it this way and they didnt mess with him ya know? 2 years my friend got a $175.00 ticket for a liecence plate frame that had a neon light around it, I kept telling him about it but he didnt listen, now on the other hand there are many driving around here with the same kind of plate frame, go figure. Im sure that what your asking you dont need to ask on here, you need to talk to a trooper. Good luck.
musicpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #117
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicpuppy
Im not even gonna read this thread cause i know where it's going, so just let me say, every state has laws that are on the books that you could not emagine unless you do the research. These laws can sometimes only appear and slap you in the face if you think you got it right. Some of these laws on the books dont even get enforced, but there there. And if you get caught doing wrong dont use the excuse that my frien did it this way and they didnt mess with him ya know? 2 years my friend got a $175.00 ticket for a liecence plate frame that had a neon light around it, I kept telling him about it but he didnt listen, now on the other hand there are many driving around here with the same kind of plate frame, go figure. Im sure that what your asking you dont need to ask on here, you need to talk to a trooper. Good luck.
Dude, links to each state are on page one.
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #118
Jeep-1995
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i cant get Texas to work...

im looking for the fender flares law i have found that you need fenders but i cant find about fender flares.....
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #119
gagsup
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for the great information here!
gagsup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bumper laws , code , law , legal , lift height law , lift laws , state law , statute , tire coverage , vehicel equipment laws , vehicle code

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.