I have been working on trying to get the Alaska codes and regs. Had a city officer look over my Jeep and without the covers on the lights, the wheels exposed beyond the fender flares, the lift, and the large stinger on the front, he said there was no problems with it. He is supposed to be getting me the latest book of code standards. If I don't get it from him, I will roll over to State Trooper barracks and see if I can get one from them. The Alaska DMV web site is absolutely horrid to find this information.
The only one that I have been able to confirm as a code at this date is:
13 AAC 04.005. Disconnection or Alteration of Equipment
(a) For a vehicle intended to be operated on a public roadway, no person may disconnect or alter, except as is necessary in the repair or replacement of parts, equipment required by this chapter, unless the equipment is by nature designed and intended for disconnection or alteration;
(b) No person may operate a motor vehicle upon a public roadway which violates the following limitations or prohibitions:
(1) a motor vehicle may not be modified or altered from the original design so that any portion of the vehicle, other than the wheels, has less clearance from the surface of a level roadway than the clearance between the roadway and the lower most portion of any rim of any wheel in contact with the roadway;
(2) a motor vehicle may not be modified to position the lowest portion of the body floor more than three inches above the top of the frame, or to result in a maximum frame height or body floor height greater than 24 inches for a vehicle of up to 4,500 pounds GVWR, 26 inches for 4,501 - 7,500 pounds GVWR, or 28 inches for 7,501 - 10,000 pounds GVWR.
(c) No motor vehicle may be operated on a public roadway that has been modified, altered, manufactured, or is carrying a payload in a manner which adversely affects the steering, braking, or stability of the vehicle.
(d) A vehicle operated on a public roadway that exceeds the minimum or maximum specifications of subsection (b) must be in compliance with this section by 3/31/93.
(e) For purpose of this section
(1) "frame" means the manufacturer's main longitudinal structural members of the chassis of the vehicle, or, for vehicles with unitized body construction, the lowest main longitudinal structural members of the body of the vehicle;
(2) "frame height" means the vertical distance between the ground and the lowest point of the frame midway between the front axle and the second axle on the vehicle;
(3) "GVWR" means the gross vehicle weight rating as defined in AS 28.40.100 (a)(9);
(4) "payload" means anything added to a vehicle that increases its unladen weight.
Still working on these and will get more when I find good dated material(s):
Inspection of Vehicles 13 AAC 04.006
Emissions Requirements AS 45.45.400
License Plates Display of 28.10.171
Brakes Vehicles 13 AAC 04.205
Horn 13 AAC 04.210
Mirrors 13 AAC 04.220
Safety Belts 13 AAC 04.270
Tires 13 AAC 04.230
Unsafe Vehicles 13 AAC 04.225
Headlights Vehicles 13 AAC 04.020
Illumination 13 AAC 04.010
Miscellaneous Lighting Requirements 13 AAC 04.040
Parking Lights 13 AAC 04.070
Stop Lights Vehicles 13 AAC 04.035
Taillights Vehicles 13 AAC 04.025
I hope to find the location on the web but searches are not pulling up as much info as I would like.
2015 KL - TH, 2000 TJ, 1998 ZJ, 1994 ZJ, 1993 YJ, 1983 DJ