Are the spyderlock wheels worth the money? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Are the spyderlock wheels worth the money?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Aren't the military hummer beadlocks 100% street legal? Also the inflatable internal headlocks are too, even though you can't show them off to everyone else (a big reason alot of people like beadlocks).

26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to meet a cop that even knows what beadlocks are...

Not to say there aren't some off road enthusiast cops, but I'm sure a very large majority of them wouldn't have a clue as to what they are.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I wheel w a cop here in TX who runs beadlocks but even he says they are illegal.
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux
I wheel w a cop here in TX who runs beadlocks but even he says they are illegal.

Ain't nothin' illegal in Texas!

Let him know a simple document of proof can get him $100!
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2011, 03:51 AM   #20
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
I would like to meet a cop that even knows what beadlocks are...
Nice to meet you.
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #21
snowrydr01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

with the popularity of bead-looks, what inspection station would even check if its real or look alike.
snowrydr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #22
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

While my trailreadys have a DOT stamp, it's also stamped "Offroad use only". That said, I've had mine on the road for 8 months or so now with no problems. Companies have to say that for liability reasons.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #23
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

They are not illegal, but they are not legal either.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #24
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang View Post
They are not illegal, but they are not legal either.
Profound. And requires much more explanation for it to be considered anything but wrong.
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #25
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Im placing my order for some next month!
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
Dan69
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Coming from a cop in Georgia, I have never seen a law about beadlock wheels, DOT approval for wheels or anything related to wheels unless its on a commercial vehicle (which are covered by Federal Regs and additional state regs) . Federal regulations cover vehicle manufacturers when they produce cars for interstate commerce. This is why they have the DOT approvals on wheels, lights and god knows what else to be able to sell the car nationwide. It's like the ATF enforces gun laws on the people that are gun dealers, like background checks and registrations, but private sales from individuals are not regulated since we don't do business in interstate commerce. Federal laws are wide in scope, but very specific in what they can regulate. I've never seen any laws for private individuals that regulate the types of wheels they can put on there cars, only that the equipment functions as the manufacturer intended (broken bolts, cracks in the wheel, would get you a ticket).

Of course I only speak on knowledge of Georgia Laws and in short no one cares if its a beadlock or not as long as it is in good operating order and not driven around half broken and dangerous. We need a California Cop to check this out, god knows they have more rules in that state than any other.....
Dan69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.