Spacer lift vs Suspension lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Spacer lift vs Suspension lift

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 10-31-2001, 05:56 AM   #1
Jefff

Spacer lift vs Suspension lift

Hoping to get some good feedback here...

I am looking to get a 2" lift put on my TJ, and I am still deciding on whether to go for a spacer lift or a suspension lift. I understand that a suspension lift is far better, but it will cost me about 3-4 times the cost (got a cheap spacer kit 2nd hand).

My question is this; How much better is an OME suspension lift than a Teraflex spacer lift?

Thanks

p.s I'm not looking to go higher than 2", so upgradability isnt a concern.

Jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2001, 11:56 AM   #2
evilpsych

well..
susp. lift runs you into all kinds of problems.. drivetrain angles.. SYE kits.. not to mention new diff gears depending on the tire size..

same goes for body lift.. bout the only prob i can think of with body lift is the tires rubbing when turned all the way..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2001, 03:48 PM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

If you are not looking at going any higher than 2" then a spacer lift is what you want. daystar has 1.75" spacers and a complete set will run around $80.00 and take less than 2 hours to install with basic tools. Shocks are seperate but are not required, but I would eventually get new shocks. With this lift you can fit 32's.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.