SOA Kits? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > SOA Kits?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-19-2003, 06:27 PM   #1
RDJP

SOA Kits?

Can anyone tell me what i need to buy other than the soa kit, springs, shocks, sye, and driveshaft. I saw that RE offers the soa kit for 270 and the springs are 125 for front and 125 for rear. Is that to expensive?? Is it better to just get like a 6 inch Skyjacker lift kit rather than the soa? well let me know thanks a lot.

thanks, RDJP

bell on the handlebar
RDJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
93jeepyj2.5

SOA kit???

Cut the old perches off the axle that you want to SOA then weld them up in the correct place......get some 1.5" or 2.5" springs, some good shocks, SYE/CV, and a DPA.

Thats all you need to do.

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:05 AM   #3
CSP

Quote:
Originally posted by 93jeepyj2.5
SOA kit???

Cut the old perches off the axle that you want to SOA then weld them up in the correct place......get some 1.5" or 2.5" springs, some good shocks, SYE/CV, and a DPA.

Thats all you need to do.
Hmm, you make it sound so easy. Have you actually done a spring over conversion yet? What about steering corrections, longer driveshafts, brake lines? Where is the "correct place" for the spring perches and do you need to consider any alignment angles when welding them on?

Spring over is not easy. There's a lot to it to do it right and safely. Posts like this make it sound like there's nothing to it and that's why I'm picking on it Heath.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
rustyCJ

he gonna have a real hard time doing a spring over if its gonna be done to the '97 in his sig....
Unread 06-20-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Gator

a traction bar like Sams offroad or another one thats floating around on the Forum.. Bama bar or something like that
longer brake lines, SYE, Driveshafts,, a Steering box Brace & some form of steering correction will need to be done, wether it be high steer or Cross over steering.. however for what the cost of a Dana 30 Hi steer knuckle you could buy a heavier duty axle to go in the front< not built just bought from a junkyard> to make the steering easier to deal with

the Steering knuckles may have to be cut off the axle tube & rewelded at the correct caster, so you'll have full left to right steering & be able to align the front & your driveshaft angles needs to be within 2 degrees of each other, or so that say
Csp... anything i missed like he said, its not easy & its very time consuming & is not the cheapest to do, a well build SOA can cost around 800-1000 bucks to get the best performance & driveability

if your planning on Daily driving it.. bolt on SUA kits are way better & alot less complicated
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #6
93jeepyj2.5

Quote:
Originally posted by CSP

Hmm, you make it sound so easy. Have you actually done a spring over conversion yet? What about steering corrections, longer driveshafts, brake lines? Where is the "correct place" for the spring perches and do you need to consider any alignment angles when welding them on?

Spring over is not easy. There's a lot to it to do it right and safely. Posts like this make it sound like there's nothing to it and that's why I'm picking on it Heath.
Yea, I agree that list I made does make it sound easy. No , I personally havent ever done a SOA, but Ive witnessed and helped a few people. On the rigs that I helped go SOA, they were already euipped with large tires, longer brakelines, and a SYE......basically what they did was "weld them in the right place" and rig a trac bar.

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 07:07 PM   #7
RDJP

Quote:
Originally posted by rustyCJ
he gonna have a real hard time doing a spring over if its gonna be done to the '97 in his sig....
Ya i am looking for a YJ right now because my dad is gonna take my TJ away for himself now. It was his car and now he needs it back so im gonna get a YJ with a 6cyl. More power for me, yes yes yes.
bell on the handlebar
RDJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.