soa on 87 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > soa on 87 wrangler

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #1
shaneda1pain

soa on 87 wrangler

what are the minimum mods i will need to do this?
can i get buy by doing a tcase drop?
will there be any problems steering shaft?
and about how long will my stock springs hold up?
any other heads up will be great

Unread 04-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #2
shaneda1pain

comon guys i know some one out there can give me an hand with this. what is the deal with te board i got on a few months ago it seamed to be dead also.
Unread 04-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Dembones
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not to be rude, but it's just that people get tired of answering the same questions all the time. Do a search for *soa* and you will find everything you need to know.

To answer your questions (for something used offroad from time to time):
New spring perches/ extended brake lines/ entire new steering setup other than box, shaft, & wheel/ SYE and CV driveshaft/ something to prevent axle wrap/ extended sway bars/ lots and lots of little things that will drive you insane.

Not the shaft, but like I said the tie rods need reworked.

Your stock springs will last ok, you may want to throw another leaf in the packs and while you're at it, put some teflon lubricant between them. This will quiet them down and improve flex marginally. HTH and good luck
37" Claws/teralow/HPD44/Trussed HI9/5:38s/detroits/SOA, shackle reversal on rebuilt waggy and XJ springs.
Blue Jeep Club member 2
Much more info here
Dembones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
shaneda1pain

so ti is more trouble than it is worth. and it will end up breaking you with the litle this and thats you have to buy. thanks for the repply and it gave me some more thinking to do.
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
Mels95YJ

In my opinion, a SOA is not something that should be done with "minimal mods". There's a lot of factors that go into it. Like stated above, just do a search on google or here and you'll find plenty. Good luck.

Mel
Unread 04-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
Dembones
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Now I wouldn't go so far to say that it's more trouble than it's worth, an SOA is a beautiful thing, but it's not for the faint of heart. You need to plan out exactly what you will be doing before you jump in, and expect the cost to be in the $700 range. That doesn't seem like much but throw in an axle swap, bigger tires, a gear swap, and the SYE you're looking at $1700. Depending on what you plan on doing with your rig it may or may not be worth it
37" Claws/teralow/HPD44/Trussed HI9/5:38s/detroits/SOA, shackle reversal on rebuilt waggy and XJ springs.
Blue Jeep Club member 2
Much more info here
Dembones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2004, 05:32 PM   #7
shaneda1pain

well the paln was to do a soa and sell it so that i can buy a tj but i may reconsider now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.