SOA ????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > SOA ?????

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 11-01-2001, 08:04 PM   #1
CJ Lover

SOA ?????

i have an 85 cj-7 with 7 inches of lift and 38s. im looking to go with a spring over, but ive heard that a suspension lift with a SOA breaks eaasy on the trails. is this true?

Unread 11-01-2001, 08:39 PM   #2
evilpsych

ok.. you're running 38's and you've got 7" of lift already? geezus.. what.. you wanna run 44's or something? hope you got deep pockets.. only thing i can suggest is ladder bars and proper gearing.. osburn's mr SOA..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2001, 11:21 AM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I sure dunno where you'd hear something like that. SOA is the rule out here in California more than the exception. Well, at least where I wheel anyway. SOAs are pretty much a totally custom job. If you've seen one that breaks easy, it's the fabricator/designer, not because it's SOA. I'm on my second SOA setup. My axles, springs, tcase, etc. that made the first one work is now all under my son's Jeep and not one component has broken on his or my Jeep. Urban legend dude. Right up there with "SOAs are dangerous on the road."

Now the word of caution. If you have 7" of lift already and you take your setup and put it SOA, you're look'n at over 10" of lift. Your very high center of gravity would kill you on the hard to extreme stuff. Me personally, would never (like I said I'd never go bigger than 31" tires) lift my Jeep that high.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2001, 10:28 PM   #4
CJ Lover

hey, thanks for the info guys. i pretty much just use my Jeep for strait up muddin. not too much else except gettin to a secluded campin spot so i dont really need too much off-road stability.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.