Snow tires good for dirt off road? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Snow tires good for dirt off road?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
ton45
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Snow tires good for dirt off road?

Greetings forum members,

Since picking up my new 2005 LJ last week and joining this forum yesterday I have been researching tires that is both fuel efficient and strong off road. I won't be doing boulder climbs since this jeep's main task is to bring me to my "off road vehicle access only" hunting spots and home safely. So it's a purely utilitarian vehicle. My add ons for now will be good tires and a winch.

So here is my question. While taking my time to find those right tires the season hunt season has started. I got the jeep with winter tires that have fairly aggressive threads on them. They are 235/75R15 M+S Saxon Snowblazers. Will those tires be good enough for off-road use? I currently have the original Goodyear Wrangle GS-A on them. FYI, I live and hunt in Quebec where the driving terrain is usually mud and rocks.

Thanks!

ton45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
mrcleanjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yes,i just got a new(old style)set of snow tires. 7.50x16.mounted on on 8.5 rims..back in the days when the wreckers ran snow tires? there was one hill i walked up where everyone else had to skinny pedal up. did great on rocks..aired down to 15..sidewalls were sooo stiff,couldnt tell it. However on 8.5 rims,the rim edge got beat up. Everyone was really shocked how well they did and so was i ..just stay away from sandy terrain,dig in real fast..
mrcleanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
ton45
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks mrcleanjeep I need to install them anyways for the winter months. It's required here by law. At least I'll have some confidence that they will function well enough for some off road this fall during the hunt. If it snows, which does happens sometimes in November, I'll be at least ready.
ton45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.