Shims and transfer case drops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Shims and transfer case drops

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-02-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
bigoltrux77

Shims and transfer case drops

I want to put a 4-5" lift on my XJ and i need to know what i can get away with on my drivline until i save for new CV shafts and SYE kit. Ive heard that using shims will cut down the vibrations. What degree do i need to get for this type of kit? Will the transfer case kit and shims be enough for a 5" lift? Any other suggestions? Thanks alot.

bigoltrux77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 08:18 PM   #2
surfzup2k

I took some 2"x2" with a 3/16 " sidewall and made some skidpan spacers. Mine doesn't vibrate at all, i have a 4" lift with 2" shackles.
2" hd shackles
locked 8.8 Rearend
4.56's
cut fender flares
pics... http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289103901
[COLOR=white]White Jeep Club Member #112[/COLOR]
surfzup2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.