Rubi springs and 2" RE BB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rubi springs and 2" RE BB?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Rubi springs and 2" RE BB?

I put the RE BB on the wife's TJ weekend before last...pretty satisfied...

Just ran across a deal on a set of stock Rubi springs w/ 1300 miles...

I notice my Jeep seems to be much sturdier (from standing on the nerf bars and/or sidesteps while hanging both of our hard tops) than hers is...I'm assuming this is due to the 3.5" RE springs...

First, have I understood correctly that the Rubicon (not RE) springs are an inch or so taller than the stock TJ?

Second, would I run into any issues swapping springs? I'm guessing I'm going from the 1.75"-2" lift from the BB to the 2.5" range? lower control arms, or anything?

Greg

BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 12:35 AM   #2
JeepN2

Greg I put Rubicon springs on my SE and got 1.6 in front and 1.3 in the rear or something like that...

However......here we go...I could NOT measure a difference in the spring height from the SE and Rubis springs..so the Rubis must have just been stiffer.

I've also read that the Rubis springs are the same as all TJ 6cyl/ Hardtop springs..but I have no idea it thats the case or not..

No matter what everyone says the wifes Rubicon rides different from my SE or my new Sport. The Rubicon has a tighter and stiffer ride. By putting on Rubicon Springs and shocks on my SE I was NOT able to duplicate the ride so theres more too it than meets the eye so to speak..

Not sure if putting Rubi springs and shocks on a 6cyl TJ would give u much..Unless the springs are free than nothing but a few hours of time to loose..
I just had to do an alignment when I swapped..

Happy JeepN
keith
07 Blue Compass 4x4
JeepN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

sounds good...

not free...but $100 isn't too far from free for all 4...

I'm guessing, like you think, that the Rubi springs are just stiffer...

which, after 5+ years for hers (even though it's just 28K miles), might be an improvement...not a lot of miles, but the weight of the Jeep has still been sitting on them for all that time...

I'm sure the alignment will come...we never did one after the BB install...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.