Rough Country Suspension Lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rough Country Suspension Lifts

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-01-2001, 02:42 PM   #1
OhYeah

Rough Country Suspension Lifts

Hey there,

I have been looking for a suspension lift for a while now. I wanted a complete kit but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I found Rough Country is running a special on there 3in. complete kit for 87-95 YJ for $389. In another string there were a few of you who had looked at buying this. I am curious how you are doing with it. How did the install go.
I have 3 in. body lift and I would also like to know if I will need to extend my brake lines if I lift another 3 in? and if so how hard is this to do?

I am building faster than I can buy

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2001, 03:22 PM   #2
jobob

I just installed this same kit a few weeks ago(also purchased for $389). The only problem I had on the install was that the bolt holes on the t-case lowering brackets did not line up correctly. Also, when assembling the new spring eye bushings and sleeves, there are two different sized sleeves(inside diameter), make sure you put them in the right place. I didn't realize this until after I completed the front and was working on the back, I went to hang the new springs and the bolts wouldn't fit through the sleeves. I had to take the front back apart and get the correct sleeves out of the front springs and redo everything. A roy al pain. The instructions don't mention this. The kit comes with brake line relocation brackets, which should be sufficient for this amount of lift.
Unread 08-02-2001, 04:30 PM   #3
OhYeah

Hey there,

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and ordered the kit. I told the guy I was referred by member named Darin from this forum and I got it for $350 plus shipping. The guy was very cool and I will have the kit in 5 bus. days. Thanks for the referral Darin.
By the way JOBOB, how did you compensated when the hole for the transfer case didn't line up? What did you have to do? Was your Pitman arm hard to get off?

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
jobob

It was actually just one hole on each bracket that didn't line up. I just bored out the hole a little bigger and it worked. As far as the pitman arm, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I kept it sprayed with penetrating oil for about a week before touching it. I also used a pitman arm puller that I picked up from the auto parts store for about 12 bucks. You may also want to invest in a tie-rod separator(some call it a pickle fork) if you don't have one already. It helps.

Have fun!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.