Rough country liftkits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rough country liftkits

Trailing Arms!JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-20-2001, 10:31 PM   #1
BigD1634
2012 KK Liberty 

Rough country liftkits

I just bought a 3" lift from rough country. Does anyone already have this installed. if so how does it ride on and off road. i also have double disconnects that are going on aswell.

BigD1634 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2001, 09:17 PM   #2
Keith
Admin

Did you install your kit yet, if so what are your comments on it?

I was wondering about getting this kit w/ shocks, anyone else running this? I wondered what the ride was like, flex, and also what sort of lift you get once the springs settle.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2001, 11:40 PM   #3
sillyass

i put the kit on my 87 about 3 months ago. be prepared for rusted ,seized and broken bolts. i had the most trouble with the bolts for the leaf springs oppisite the shackels. if you can, spray all of the bolts with some sort of pentrant. also expect a little hassle with the u- bolts, the new ones are bent a little differently. the lift itself has good ride quality and flex.i got the shocks with my kit and they seem to be ok, the kit for my cherokee didn't come with them so i orded rancho rs5000's and i like them. give yourself a good weekend to do the lift and try to get your hands on an air compressor with an impact gun to use.an electric gun wont do anything for you. the air will help with rusted u bolts and with the shackel bolts. have fun
sillyass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2001, 12:04 PM   #4
dburton

I have the 3in rough country lift on my 89yj and love it. Initially raised the jeep about 3.25in but settled out to about 3 in. I bought mine from a guy direct at rough country for $350 including shocks not bad? I installed it myself it an afternoon rides great alittle stiff in the I'am considering a shackle reversal for the front any thoughts? let me know. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.