Rough Country Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rough Country Lift

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-10-2001, 04:35 AM   #1
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Rough Country Lift

Could someone tell me what all comes in the 3" rough country lift? How well does this lift ride? Will it start sagging quickly?

Unread 10-10-2001, 07:39 AM   #2
jobob

I ordered mine directly from Rough Country for $389. Came with springs, degree shims, spring bushings and sleeves, t-case lowering kit, trac-bar relocation brackets, brake line relocation brackets, u-bolts, bumpstop extentions(which I didn't use), shocks, dropped pitman arm, and nuts and bolts. Easy to install. Of course the ride is more stiff than stock, as with any lift, but it is not bad. It has settled just a little since June, but is still close to 3" over stock.
Unread 10-10-2001, 01:47 PM   #3
OhYeah

I sent you an email!

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2001, 02:48 PM   #4
rivertrout10

Dont know what your budget is - however - in my opinion the only way to go is the Rubicon Express lift kit system. It will cost you nearly 1k - but well worth it. It is a totally complete kit (shocks, transfer case lowering hardware, extended stainless steel brake lines, etc). I have had mine for around one year without a bit of sagging. If you are applying to a CJ you will be getting wider front springs which, I believe, help to eliminate front sagging. You should visit the Rubicon Express website as they have a schematic of what their kits come with. It came complete - and installed without problems. I have seen other lift kits that sag after about a year. Mine doesnt.
Unread 10-11-2001, 03:58 AM   #5
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

With this lift will I need longer brake lines? Right now I'm on a very tight budget, so 1K is way to much. I am not adding a lift becuase I want one. I have a front spring that has snapped at the eye and a bent rear spring.
Unread 10-11-2001, 09:18 AM   #6
helter

Quote:
I am not adding a lift becuase I want one. I have a front spring that has snapped at the eye and a bent rear spring.
Have you looked into getting springs from a junkyard?

Would you have to get all 4 to insure consistent wear?
Unread 10-11-2001, 10:15 AM   #7
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A used spring may alter the height at each corner. I rather replace stuff on my Jeep with new parts. This is my first Jeep and I want to keep it for a longtime. I shouldn't say I don't want a lift. I purchased a body lift a few weeks ago but now I have a need for a real lift. If anyone is looking for a 3" body lift let me know. Still in the box.
Helter do you know any good trails here in Toledo? I heard that the Jeep dealer has a course setup, not sure if you can bring your own Jeep.
Unread 10-11-2001, 10:17 AM   #8
rivertrout10

You will need longer brake lines - however the kit comes with extended braided steel lines - so you would not be purchasing additional equipment. RE offers a 2.5 inch lift that is a few dollars less - not sure on the prices anymore, but their website offers good info.
http://www.rubiconexpress.com

Good luck.

RE
Unread 10-20-2001, 09:55 PM   #9
mark johnson

i bought a kit from rough country for only $225 itcame with front springs and a rear add a leaf
mark johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2001, 06:35 PM   #10
AJ

With RC you will not need new brake lines, the kit includes extenders which work fairly well. The rides a little bouncy, but it's not too bad. Good job staying away from the body lift.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2001, 06:35 PM   #11
AJ

With RC you will not need new brake lines, the kit includes extenders which work fairly well. The rides a little bouncy, but it's not too bad. Good job staying away from the body lift.
Unread 10-21-2001, 06:36 PM   #12
AJ

Unread 10-22-2001, 04:39 AM   #13
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

After TWO days of work I have my RC 3" lift installed. I still need to install pitman arm. We broke 2 pitman arm pulls trying to get it off. I had 2 sleeves froze to the bolt. I had to torch one bolt, so I replaced rear spring bolts with grade 8 bolts. Then 2 bolts in the skid plate where spinning in the frame, torched them off. The lift looks great!! If someone with a stock yj could measure the height on the frame between the front bumper and the grille. I know it made a huge difference!! My 31s look to small, now I need 33s. My rear driveshaft still seems like its binding. Could I lower the skidplate another 1/2"? My steering wheel is not centered anymore, is this due to not having pitman arm installed? Thanx for answering all my question.
Unread 10-23-2001, 12:11 PM   #14
OhYeah

Hey buddy,

what happened to the phone call. Oh well, sounds like it went well with only a few small issues (typical). I had the same problem with my pitman arm. I was so tired from messing with the lift and breaking pullers, banging with a BFH, I took it over to Midas and let them get it off. They will take it off for about $20. Your steering wheel will be straight once it goes on. I know what you mean about getting bigger tires. I need 33's as well. With my 31's I look like I am standing on stilts or something. Glad you like it. Peace,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2001, 04:00 PM   #15
CR Perry

I wouldn't lower the skidplate anymore. With the spacers I use the transmission will sometimes pop out of second gear. I'll be getting the slip yoke eliminator kit next year. Your steering wheel should be off to the right. When the axle gets further away from the steering box its the same as shortening the drag link. The guys at the alignment shop should be able to help you out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.