Rookie wheel fit question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rookie wheel fit question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
avagnetti

Rookie wheel fit question

Hello all,

I have taken the time to read several threads, and have learned a TON about wheels and tires in this forum. So... thanks for that. Still, forgive me, because I have to ask a few specific questions that you may have heard before. My overall goal is to NOT install a suspension lift or body lift (yet), but still beef up the shoes a little while avoiding the rub.

WHEELS:
I want to go with Pro Comp Rock Crawler Series 51 black steelies. I'm going to move up to 16x8 from the stock 16x7, and I know I need the 5 on 5 bolt spacing. My wheel questions are:

Are there different models of this wheel that have different backspacing, or do I not have a choice in that? Probably doesn't matter...

Is there anywhere I can get black lug nuts and center caps, or do I have to go with chrome?

TIRES:
My stock tires are 225/75-16, and I want to get BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/As. I've got it narrowed down to a size that will fit the 16x8 rim, but I'm just wondering if it's the best choice?

265/75-16, which is basically a 31.6-inch tire that's a hair wider than my stock is what I plan to buy. Is there another size BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A that people typically use on a 16x8 inch rim?

Lastly, feel free to recommend a completely different set-up than I have outlined here.

Trail love,
AV

Unread 08-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
rmpflyfish

I just went with BF AT's in 285/75/16's on 16x8 Cragar Soft 8 rims with no lift. I have not had any rubbing at all, but I haven't had it out wheelin yet.

RMP..
rmpflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpflyfish
I just went with BF AT's in 285/75/16's on 16x8 Cragar Soft 8 rims with no lift. I have not had any rubbing at all, but I haven't had it out wheelin yet.

RMP..

^^^^ DO that!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.