Rookie wheel fit question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rookie wheel fit question

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 07-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
avagnetti

Rookie wheel fit question

Hello all,

I have taken the time to read several threads, and have learned a TON about wheels and tires in this forum. So... thanks for that. Still, forgive me, because I have to ask a few specific questions that you may have heard before. My overall goal is to NOT install a suspension lift or body lift (yet), but still beef up the shoes a little while avoiding the rub.

WHEELS:
I want to go with Pro Comp Rock Crawler Series 51 black steelies. I'm going to move up to 16x8 from the stock 16x7, and I know I need the 5 on 5 bolt spacing. My wheel questions are:

Are there different models of this wheel that have different backspacing, or do I not have a choice in that? Probably doesn't matter...

Is there anywhere I can get black lug nuts and center caps, or do I have to go with chrome?

TIRES:
My stock tires are 225/75-16, and I want to get BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/As. I've got it narrowed down to a size that will fit the 16x8 rim, but I'm just wondering if it's the best choice?

265/75-16, which is basically a 31.6-inch tire that's a hair wider than my stock is what I plan to buy. Is there another size BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A that people typically use on a 16x8 inch rim?

Lastly, feel free to recommend a completely different set-up than I have outlined here.

Trail love,
AV

Unread 08-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
rmpflyfish

I just went with BF AT's in 285/75/16's on 16x8 Cragar Soft 8 rims with no lift. I have not had any rubbing at all, but I haven't had it out wheelin yet.

RMP..
rmpflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpflyfish
I just went with BF AT's in 285/75/16's on 16x8 Cragar Soft 8 rims with no lift. I have not had any rubbing at all, but I haven't had it out wheelin yet.

RMP..

^^^^ DO that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.