Rock Monster Beadlock - good choice? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rock Monster Beadlock - good choice?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #31
2xs
2003 TJ Wrangler 

for mine i sprayed some lube in from the front side and it helped, but it is still a pita with krawlers, hope yours go better

2xs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
acrijos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnicker6 View Post
Hi has anyone taken a tire off a hutchinson beadlock. I just got some new mtr kevlars the other day to put on my beadlocks i picked up a few weeks ago and stupid me monted two of them the wrong way. i got the front half off rather fast but i only got the back half to move about a inch after 4hrs or so. I have tried alot from a 5 gallon bucket, to a tire spoon, even a highlift (which worked the best untill the bucket broke), and i used alot of dish soap too.
Try YouTube
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #33
cnicker6
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the fast responses i tried youtube all it shows is how to mount them. i think i might try and find a log the same diameter as a 5 gallon bucket cut it to length and try the highlift again. ill post some pics if it works
cnicker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #34
cnicker6
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got them off used a high lift and some 2x4's. stood them up next to the jeep today still need to get them balanced tomorrow and i might have to trim the fenders
imag0135.jpg  
cnicker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #35
2xs
2003 TJ Wrangler 

looks very nice, got a pic of the front?
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #36
acrijos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjeep
how are the wheels performing and the dyna beads?
By the way, Hutchinson do not recommend using dyna beads
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #37
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrijos View Post
By the way, Hutchinson do not recommend using dyna beads
I talked to a Hutchinson rep at EJS in Moab and he said he has heard a lot of people using dana beads on this wheel and having great success. He never mentioned anything to me about them not being recommended.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #38
Wrangler19
1998 TJ Wrangler 

whats the deal with dyan beads? purpose?
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #39
zigsz71
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler19 View Post
whats the deal with dyan beads? purpose?
They balance the wheel and tire from the inside of the tire using centrifugal force.
'06 LJ Rubi on 35's and stuff
zigsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #40
acrijos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
I talked to a Hutchinson rep at EJS in Moab and he said he has heard a lot of people using dana beads on this wheel and having great success. He never mentioned anything to me about them not being recommended.
I've been using Hutchinson beadlocks in my TJ for quite some time now. I've been through air leaks due to pinched o-rings, busted studs and nut-locks, etc.
I am now moving from 33s to 35s. I called Hutchinson to buy some spare parts, they recommend changing the o-rings every time you change tires. When I mentioned my intention to use dyna beads, they told me that they do not recommend using them as beads may slip between the inner rubber beadlock and the outside aluminum beadlocks. They recommended that I use weighs instead. That's what I have been using for the past years.
I know that many are using dyna beads, and in fact most videos in YouTube show this. I just wanted to let you know my experience with this issue. Cheers.
articulation.jpg  
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #41
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Old thread I know.

Idaho Jeep: do you recall if you used 086 or 082 insert with Baja MTZ?

Thanks!
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #42
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't recall... I think I purchased them from group buy and don't remember if I specified what headlock insert I wanted or not - I looked but couldn't find my receipt.
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #43
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Don't recall... I think I purchased them from group buy and don't remember if I specified what headlock insert I wanted or not - I looked but couldn't find my receipt.
Well thanks for checking. My wheels just arrived and they all have the 086 insert instead of the 082 insert I ordered to go with my planned choice of wheels: MTR/Ks.

MTR/Ks seem to take forever to get and discount tire offered to sell me Mickey MTZs for the same price they quoted me for the Goodyears - I was hoping these two changes of plan might cancel each other out.
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #44
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho-Jeep:

Are you still running these wheels? Are you still running them with Dyna Beads? Just wanted to get your impressions after having them for a few years. I am working a deal on a set of 4 in black right now and have some left over Dyne Beads still in the package from when my attempt to use them with Stauns failed.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #45
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yep.. still running them and with Dyna beads. I love em.. They were pricy but I love em... I have a little rock rash on a couple of them now but other than that they have held up well. How well the Dyna beads work I think is more of a function of what tires you are running.. Ive heard that some tires wont balance well with them..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.