Rock Monster Beadlock - good choice? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Rock Monster Beadlock - good choice?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #16
PDBreske
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is the best thread I've seen describing the mounting of these wheels. Thanks for the write-up!

How often do you check the torque on the beadlock nuts? Have you ever found a loose nut? How well does the locking mechanism of those special nuts work?

Unread 03-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #17
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
This is the best thread I've seen describing the mounting of these wheels. Thanks for the write-up!

How often do you check the torque on the beadlock nuts? Have you ever found a loose nut? How well does the locking mechanism of those special nuts work?
Thanks - yeah I looked and couldn't ever find much info on mounting these.

I checked a few nuts about 5 months ago... couldn't ever find a loose one. They lock really well. They have also never had an air leak.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 04:33 AM   #18
PDBreske
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the quick reply! If/when I get my own beadlocks, I think these might be the way to go.
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
zigsz71
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i think i saw somewhere recently that these wheels are now available in 17" and in a black and/or gun metal finish as well...? do you know if this is true or not? i can't find any info about the ones that i'm reffering to and i can still only find limitted info on the ones that you have. it's quite frustrating... haha

thanks
zigsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #20
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsz71 View Post
i think i saw somewhere recently that these wheels are now available in 17" and in a black and/or gun metal finish as well...? do you know if this is true or not? i can't find any info about the ones that i'm reffering to and i can still only find limitted info on the ones that you have. it's quite frustrating... haha

thanks
Have not heard about a 17" wheel but do know that the gun metal finish is available.
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
2xs
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i ran the same concept in a stazworks for 5 years and 2 sets of irocs on my tj. never lost a bead, had to add air to a tire, or tighten a bolt in all the time i have had them. now im onto a rubi project and just ordered a set of these for it. I regularly run 1-2 psi in winter for a huge footprint and can go just about where i please. you wont be dissappointed im sure but the staz rims are alot cheaper for the same thing.
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #22
dickyson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

question

Are these wheels aluminium or steel?

do you feel that they are heavy?
dickyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickyson View Post
Are these wheels aluminium or steel?

do you feel that they are heavy?
Aluminum.. not heavy at all.
Unread 08-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
dickyson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Aluminum.. not heavy at all.
thank you, all together with the internal beadlock how much would you say the entire rim weights?

thank you again
dickyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #25
Baseplate
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am trying to order these for my TJ but they come with 2 different beadlock rings (the rubber inner).
BL0082 or BL0086 http://www.quadratec.com/products/92803_590X_PG.htm

My tyres are not listed on the crappy little picture attached to Quadratecs site.....

Any idea's on how I can determine which one I need - no response from Hutchinson as of yet...
Baseplate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #26
2xs
2003 TJ Wrangler 

if you look at the spec sheet in the extra pictures it will tell you which one to order. appears to compensate for tires with thicker beads, and thinner beads.

I love my rockmonsters for how they work, but they are a major PITA if you ever have to change tires, and being aluminum, they show their abuse quickly.
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #27
Baseplate
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
if you look at the spec sheet in the extra pictures it will tell you which one to order. appears to compensate for tires with thicker beads, and thinner beads.

I love my rockmonsters for how they work, but they are a major PITA if you ever have to change tires, and being aluminum, they show their abuse quickly.
Thanks - It doesn't actually say which is which in bead thickness and it doesn't list my tyre either (35" Maxxis Trepador Radial)...

Hutchinson still haven't returned my email - I guess I just have to wait or I will end up ordering Walker Evans if they haven't replied in a couple more days.
Unread 06-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #28
acrijos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseplate

Thanks - It doesn't actually say which is which in bead thickness and it doesn't list my tyre either (35" Maxxis Trepador Radial)...

Hutchinson still haven't returned my email - I guess I just have to wait or I will end up ordering Walker Evans if they haven't replied in a couple more days.
Hutchinson service sucks. They aren't helpful and they tend to send all inquiries tobtheir dealers. Check Quadratec for beadlock applications. BF Goodrich KM2 uses the thicker inner beadlock. maxxxis uses the same inner beadlock as the BF Goodrich Krawler.
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #29
Baseplate
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrijos View Post
Hutchinson service sucks. They aren't helpful and they tend to send all inquiries tobtheir dealers. Check Quadratec for beadlock applications. BF Goodrich KM2 uses the thicker inner beadlock. maxxxis uses the same inner beadlock as the BF Goodrich Krawler.
Thanks for that response...

Agree on their service....to be honest, I would have used a small Hutchinson dealer rather than a drop shipper like Quadratec if I lived in the US but Quadratec are great for servicing me in Australia.....
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #30
cnicker6
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hi has anyone taken a tire off a hutchinson beadlock. I just got some new mtr kevlars the other day to put on my beadlocks i picked up a few weeks ago and stupid me monted two of them the wrong way. i got the front half off rather fast but i only got the back half to move about a inch after 4hrs or so. I have tried alot from a 5 gallon bucket, to a tire spoon, even a highlift (which worked the best untill the bucket broke), and i used alot of dish soap too.
wheels.jpg  
cnicker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.