Retred Tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Retred Tires?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
mourerj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Retred Tires?

Has anybody used retred tires? I was doing some research and found them in my 4wheeling mag, when I went online it sounded legit. Any help and or testomonies would be appreciated. The website I was looking at was http://www.treadwright.com/.

mourerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
bigwahini
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My one and only experience with retreads includes sliding sideways down I-45 in Houston in a less than desired fashion. Never again will I ever have them for everyday use. Maybe O.K. for offroad, but that would be it.
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Joeggernaut
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I bought some retreads from treadwright. Great company and great customer support. you can even tell them what casing you want. I daily drive all terrain (its similar to a bfg at pattern) tires and not a problem. When I got them mounted and balanced the shop people noticed they were retreads and couldn't believe how good they looked and how good they balanced. Plus they come with a warranty and for quarter-half the price you cant beat it. Retreads aren't like they use to be like back in the 70s. Its more computer automated and reliable. I dont think I would ever buy new tires for any dd or off-road car but only for a track car or something of that caliber.

I have put 5k on them and off-road them a few times and no problems. Even wear and everything.
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have had my Guard dogs(MTR knock offs ) for about a year and they have been great. I drive about 300 miles a week now all hwy plus all the weekend wheeling I can do and don't have one complaint. I paid about $550 to my door for my 33's. Only issue I see is that don't seem to carry 33's in 15 inch rims anymore something about not getting enough good carcasses to keep up with demand, they have 31's and plenty in 16's it seems like. Had mine in a week and I ordered them on Christmas day.
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
mourerj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The guard dogs are the ones I was looking at. They look pretty aggresive, I'm going from a 225 to 31's so I can't wait to see how much better they look and how much better they preform.
mourerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
Austy12345
1984 CJ7 

I have The guard dogs on my truck now I love them. They get me around perfect. I wish they had 35 12.50 r15 for my jeep
Austy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.