Replacement tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Replacement tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 09-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #1
Niece022

Replacement tires

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler with stock rims and tires 255/75/r17 ... I purchases a teraflex leveling kit.. So I can so some off road... What is the biggest tire size recommended for my stock rims? And what is the safest for driving pavement too! As I normally have my kids on the street ? Thanks

Niece022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Well, with stock wheels and no wheel spacers you are limited by width. So you could do a 275/70-17 if you wanted and it would look better and wider but it would be the same diameter. Or, you can go 255/80-17 and it'll not be any wider but it'll be taller. Those are really your only options.

If you buy new wheels or if you use wheel spacers then you can get a larger tire under there. I've seen 305 series tires on stock wheels and it worked OK but was definitely the maximum width I'd go on a stock wheel. At that point the sidewalls are starting to bulge pretty good.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.