Recommendations for new tires (4) for 235/70/R16 Jeep Liberty 2004 - no offroading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Recommendations for new tires (4) for 235/70/R16 Jeep Liberty 2004 - no offroading

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

View Poll Results: What tires should I buy for my 235/70/R16 KJ?
Michelin Latitude Tour 0 0%
Michelin LTX M/S 2 1 100.00%
Michelin Cross Terrain SUV 0 0%
Other (please specify in your post) 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
jls04
2004 KJ Liberty 

Recommendations for new tires (4) for 235/70/R16 Jeep Liberty 2004 - no offroading

My current tires (ZTX Sport brand or something like that - they came with the Jeep when I bought it used) are hanging on by their last treads and I need to buy a new set.

I am in the Midwest and my driving habits are mainly highway & city commuting to work. It's pretty flat and I do absolutely no offroading/hills/gravel roads/etc. I have a set of Blizzak snow tires (new as of this winter).

My Jeep Liberty 2004 Sport (KJ, v6, 4WD) fits 235/70/R16 tires. Some recommendations I received (during different visits to Costco) were Michelin Latitude Tour ($685 out the door), Michelin LTX M/S 2, and Michelin Cross Terrain SUV.

This is my first car and the Blizzak were the first set of tires I had ever bought. I would really appreciate your recommendations. Thanks!

P.S. In case anyone else is in the market for tires, Discount Tire Direct has a promo for free shipping 5/10-5/13 plus a $50 prepaid Visa for 2 tires (or wheels) or a $100 prepaid Visa for 4 tires (or wheels). (Promo link: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...15&irpid=10451 ). Note: I have no affiliation with the company/website and have never bought from them before.

jls04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2002 WJ 

If you really do not do any off road and have Blizzarks for winter driving then I would cross off the LTX M/S and Cross Terrains off as they are made to compromise on and off road drivability.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

I voted for the M/S 2 but I will say this.. Michelin tires are well known for their outstanding tread life. I've seen people get 80K to 90K miles out of a set. How do they do that? Well, to do that you must use a harder rubber compound that'll wear slower. And when you use a harder rubber compound, the tire is going to suck eggs in the cold, snowy, icy winter weather.

So, assuming you are planning to use your dedicated snow tires for the winter, you should be OK with Michelins. Otherwise, there are lots of better choices out there for less cash.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
jls04
2004 KJ Liberty 

I guess I'll just go with the Michelin Latitude Tour?

ETA: I guess I will (now I'm told it's ~$710 out the door at Costco). Thanks for the feedback. lol

Last edited by jls04; 05-15-2012 at 11:54 AM..
jls04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
kj , recommendations , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.